Windows 10: Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN?

Discus and support Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've tried setting up PPTP VPN both in Windows 10 settings and using Windows phonebook .pbk extensions and whenever I connect to either of them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HotCakeX, Jul 7, 2020.

1. HotCakeX Win User

Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN?

I've tried setting up PPTP VPN both in Windows 10 settings and using Windows phonebook .pbk extensions and whenever I connect to either of them, Windows stops showing me notifications and some apps don't work properly. any idea how I can fix it? I'm running Windows 10 May 2020 update 20H1.

I've tried setting my WiFi to non-metered but that doesn't help. I can't find anywhere to set my VPN as non metered.

:)

HotCakeX, Jul 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 7, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN?

1. Why Windows 10 is not showing me notifications when I connect to my VPN? - Similar Threads - Why showing notifications

2. Why is Phone Link spamming notifications at me when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Phone Link spamming notifications at me when I turn on my computer?: Hi,I recently connected Phone Link to my PC and I find that whenever my phone is not with my PC and not connected, Phone Link spams 9 notifications for me to setup a Bluetooth connection please see attached picture. How would I be able to fix this issue?Thanks,Oliver...
  3. Why is Phone Link spamming notifications at me when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Phone Link spamming notifications at me when I turn on my computer?: Hi,I recently connected Phone Link to my PC and I find that whenever my phone is not with my PC and not connected, Phone Link spams 9 notifications for me to setup a Bluetooth connection please see attached picture. How would I be able to fix this issue?Thanks,Oliver...
  4. Why is Phone Link spamming notifications at me when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. when vpn is connected windows shows no internet access even though there is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when vpn is connected windows shows no internet access even though there is: Since the most recent Windows 11 update, when I connect with my vpn, Windows shows no internet connection even though I am able to access the internet on most apps, such as browser, email, windows update, but some other apps won't work showing error there is no internet...
  6. Why can I not connect to vpn?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not connect to vpn?: I was trying to create a vpn since I had a close counter with some hackers. So I decided to make a vpn, and I set its type to automatic, and I get this error saying: Here is my vpn setup:Did I do anything wrong or what? Please help!...
  7. Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection: I can only connect to the Microsoft store and feedback hub when connected to my VPN connection. If I try and connect without using the VPN I get an error and message to try again later...
  8. Anyone know why I can't connect to my VPN?

Anyone know why I can't connect to my VPN?: When I'm trying to connect to the VPN, I made it gives me this error message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-why-i-cant-connect-to-my-vpn/a34e65a2-3de9-44f4-935b-7a456d48678d
  9. windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected

windows 10 vpn connection status shows "connecting" but i am connected: sometimes it shows "logging in" but i am already connected. rarely does it show "connected" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vpn-connection-status-shows-connecting/9270b003-9e6e-4d33-89a0-0dd7a7ccb7f8
  10. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...