Windows 10: Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

Discus and support Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AamirshahSHAIK, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong with 2.7 mb/s speed , they say it's because of other apps in my pc and slow connection but i have decent speed .?

:)

AamirshahSHAIK, Dec 20, 2021

2. Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

If you need to get your hands on official Microsoft ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, check out this utility:

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool

This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.

Ever since Microsoft pulled the Windows disk images from Digital River, hunting for untouched ISO files has been a pain. Our new tool will make your life easier, and provides and interface to Microsoft TechBench to download original Windows images directly from Microsoft's server.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    It can access many different editions and languages. Very handy.

Static~Charge, Dec 20, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Downloading ISOs for Windows 7, 8.1, 10

U can't use Rufus to download Windows 7 *Roll :roll: there was a Media Creator Tool out for it, but it's not anymore u need a legal key to be able to download Win7.

puma99dk|, Dec 20, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

1. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download - Similar Threads - Why iso takes

2. Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?: When i use the Reset option from the Recovery menu in Settings, why does it take hours for Windows to reset, but when I use a bootable USB flash drive to install windows 10, I can format all partitions for just a few seconds?My question is why does "Resetting This PC" take so...
  3. Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?: When i use the Reset option from the Recovery menu in Settings, why does it take hours for Windows to reset, but when I use a bootable USB flash drive to install windows 10, I can format all partitions for just a few seconds?My question is why does "Resetting This PC" take so...
  4. Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download: It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong with 2.7 mb/s speed , they say it's because of other apps in my pc and slow connection but i have decent speed .?...
  6. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download: It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong with 2.7 mb/s speed , they say it's because of other apps in my pc and slow connection but i have decent speed .?...
  7. Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?

Why does Windows 10 take so long to update?: My wife handed me her Windows 10 laptop a fortnight ago and asked me why it wasn't performing. I haven't used a Windows based machine for ten years so this was new ground for me. After an hour or two I had discovered that it was trying to update to 20H2. So I left it alone...
  8. Windows 10 ISO file takes too long to download RESOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 ISO file takes too long to download RESOLVED: Have you tried to download an ISO file from Microsoft Media Creation Tool? And it took too long to download? Well there is a solution for that. It could be that your ISP could be blocking the download. Your ISP knows what you search up on the web and they can block specific...
  9. Windows 10 ISO taking much too long to download

Windows 10 ISO taking much too long to download: I am downloading the Windows 10 ISO with the Media Creation Tool but, over 16 hours have elapsed since yesterday yet it has only downloaded 21%. I am downloading on WIFI. How much longer do I need to wait before the download completes? If I cancel the download now, will...
  10. Why does downloading a game take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does downloading a game take so long?: Had just built a new computer because my old one did not have windows 10 and thought may as well full upgrade instead of just purchasing win10 purchased sea of thieves and now it has taken me 3 hours to do 2 Gbs My net speed is 2 megabytes a second on average It says that...