Windows 10: Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning?

Discus and support Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I posted about this issue over a week ago. It got a reply asking for a series of files and screenshots. After I sent them in just under a week ago, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobgrey, Jun 10, 2020.

1. bobgrey Win User

Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning?

I posted about this issue over a week ago. It got a reply asking for a series of files and screenshots. After I sent them in just under a week ago, I never got a response. I tried bumping the thread to see if anyone would see it and respond. Several days later, still nothing.

Perhaps, people see that it now has a few replies the initial reply, my response, and my bump and simply assume it has been solved?

Sorry for the "duplicate" topic, but I am out of things to try and methods to find new things to try. I am posting this in the hope I can get any kind of help finally.

The issue at hand started about a month ago. The PC shuts down as if it was unplugged with no warning. The first time this happened about a month ago, I was out of state. I have a Windows 7 laptop which I brought with me. Using a remote desktop program called Teamviewer, I was able to use this laptop to control my Windows 10 desktop at home. Upon trying to join an online server on Minecraft I wanted to test online playability through this Teamviewer, though not expecting good performance, the program disconnected with the message "your partner my home desktop is either not connected to the internet or has not opened their Teamviewer. I thought maybe our house lost power.

After returning home the next day, I find my TV still on, as well as the other computers in the house, and the clocks on the kitchen appliances were not flashing as they would after a power outage. I rebooted the desktop and attempted to join that server once again. The PC shuts down again. It simply turns off, as if being unplugged. I checked the power cable connection, finding it perfectly secure.

Later, my brother bought me a copy of 7 Days to Die, as he wanted someone to play it with. When attempting to launch it, the PC turns off again right as the launcher closes to open the game itself.

This got me thinking that this could be related to RAM: perhaps the various sticks are not operating at the same speed.

The strange thing that threw me off from this idea, though, is that Transport Fever 2 a game my PC doesn't even technically meet minimum requirements works perfectly. No shutdowns.

As far as I could tell, the only time the PC would shut down like this is when launching 7 Days to Die or joining our Minecraft server.

Over the month since, I have changed the hard drive, reinstalled Windows, checked my RAM 1 8GB stick, 2 4GB sticks, all running at 1333 not sure what unit that is: it's just what the command returned, and replaced the power supply.

After all of this, the PC no longer shuts down when launching 7 Days to Die I have even started up a single player game and ran around for a while. However, after testing this game, I open up Twitch to get our Minecraft modpack reinstalled and to go browsing the mods section. While browsing mods on Twitch, the PC turns off again. Upon rebooting, I began browsing the web on my phone. While browsing, my PC boots to desktop, but does not open anything such as Spotify or Discord which usually open automatically after boot, as I have disabled all this. As such, the PC is simply idling on desktop. After a few minutes, it turns off again no, not going into "sleep mode".

As per the request from my last attempt here, here is a link to a zip file containing screenshots of the Reliability Monitor and the specific details, the event logs for Application and System, the MSinfo32 NFO file, and the Speccy file:

System Errors files

The memory dump/minidump files do not generate, despite going through the steps to enable them.

These files were requested via OneDrive, but due to the very limited time I have available between shut downs, this was not an option. I had go through many shut downs just to gather all the files and zip them to throw them on Discord, allowing me to download them onto my phone where I am typing these posts. I did not have time to get OneDrive set up, much less to try to hunt for a link I don't know how to use OneDrive and type all this up on Edge on my desktop.

As such, once the zip file was on my phone, I was able to upload it to Mega a free cloud service and use that link no account required for download.

For reference, here is the Original Thread.

I am sorry for the duplicate topic, but I am out of things to try and am getting rather annoyed at this situation.

I appreciate any help!

:)

bobgrey, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning?

Windows 10 Home Shutting Down Without Warning

Hi Phil,

When Windows shuts down without warning, it might be due to the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. You can try performing the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1. Run Power Troubleshooter.

1. Under search icon, type troubleshoot and press Enter.
    2. Select Power and click Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2. Reset all power plans to their defaults.

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. Type powercfg - restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.

Let me know if you need further help. I'll be glad to assist.

Justine Pel, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning?

1. Why Windows 10 PC Keeps Shutting Down Without Warning? - Similar Threads - Why Keeps Shutting

2. Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down for update without warning: Windows 11 shut down while editing an important file without warning. Please help me fix this bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-shuts-down-for-update-without-warning/aa687bf8-be7f-47d5-b733-5dab13dd75b0
  3. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  4. Windows 11 shutting down without warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shutting down without warning.: Just as the title says, the system is randomly shutting down without warning. The event viewer shows event 6008 unexpected shutdown or it shows event 1074 user initiated shutdown with reason code 0x500ff and offers no further explanation. I have re-installed the OS. I have...
  5. Laptop shuts down without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down without warning: My Windows 10 Home Basic laptop has been shutting down without any warnings or even a shutting down message, just blanks out and loss of power. Then it does not power on until I plug it in with a charger. And once after it is plugged in, it boots up and suddenly the battery...
  6. computer is shutting down without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is shutting down without warning: My win10 home shuts down without warning since a few days. It does not matter whether it's on high load or just idling. It will just shut down. It does not crash, nor bsod, windows just shuts down. I have since tried a lot of solutions, from changing power settings to...
  7. My laptop keeps shutting down without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps shutting down without warning: hi, my laptop just shuts down without warning, it usually happens when i have a game on, even something light like roblox, before it never use to happen, i did switch out my hard drive, but after that it nver used to do that, i dont think it is a hardware problem because it...
  8. My computer shut down without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer shut down without warning.: I used my computer for a while but then it shut down without warning. I turned it back on and 5 minutes later, it shut down again. If I wait a long time I am able to use it for longer. If I turn it back on immediately, I'm only able to use it for a short time. How do I fix...
  9. HP Laptop shutting down without warning.

HP Laptop shutting down without warning.: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down when the battery is around 20-30% without warning and before the battery saver mode is turned on which is supposed to give me plenty of time to plug the charger in. Once I...
  10. Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning

Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning: My PC has decided to randomly start completely shutting off, usually while in the middle of something. I game a lot, so I've seen it happen there mostly but also while just watching youtube vids and chatting on fb. The weird part is that it doesn't go into shutting down mode...