Windows 10: Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

Discus and support Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Diaz2, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is on, like wifi hotspot from a phone being on. It will say no connections available when i have the mouse curser over the internet icon globe with no sign on the taskbar, and when i click on it, it won't show a list of different wifi names to connect to, nor will it show anything in the network connections folder after i click on change network adapter options from the network settings, nor will it show a manage wireless networks in the network

:)

David Diaz2, Mar 25, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection? 97987d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-.png
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection? 98003d1485971061t-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer-b.png

topgundcp, Mar 25, 2023
  3. drogon1 Win User
    Windows 10 pro disable updates for embedded project

I have 50 computers with windows 10 pro

• I disabled Windows Update Service
    • I connected them to internet once to activate the windows
    These will be on 24/7 (for 5 years) for an embedded project and never connected to internet. There should be no prompts or interruptions or restarts. The questions is, will windows continue working with
    this configuration? Or will it cause restarts/warnings?

drogon1, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

Unable to connect to internet in Edge and store. Windows 10 pro

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Does your other device are able to connect to internet?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you facing issue with Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Also update Network adaptor driver and other drivers Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Do let us know if you are able to connect to internet. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

1. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection? - Similar Threads - Why pro update

2. Why is my hp computer internet connection not turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hp computer internet connection not turning on?: My hp computer internet is not allowing me to turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-hp-computer-internet-connection-not/18976ec1-25dc-470c-9ec2-f1463915e38a
  3. Why is my hp computer internet connection not turning on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hp computer internet connection not turning on?: My hp computer internet is not allowing me to turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-hp-computer-internet-connection-not/18976ec1-25dc-470c-9ec2-f1463915e38a
  4. pictorial evidence of windows 10 update disabling internet connection

pictorial evidence of windows 10 update disabling internet connection: Hi again. Sorry about that. Looks like i was able to provide some pictures to explain my internet connection issues with my windows 10 toshiba. And here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. pictorial evidence of windows 10 update disabling internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictorial evidence of windows 10 update disabling internet connection: Hi again. Sorry about that. Looks like i was able to provide some pictures to explain my internet connection issues with my windows 10 toshiba. And here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  6. pictorial evidence of windows 10 update disabling internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?: I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is on, like wifi hotspot from a phone being on. It will say no connections available when i have the mouse curser over the...
  8. Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?

Why windows 10 pro update disabled my computer's internet connection?: I updated my Toshiba Satellite a205-s4707 from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro, but it won't connect to any internet, even if that internet is on, like wifi hotspot from a phone being on. It will say no connections available when i have the mouse curser over the...
  9. Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update to brand new PC disabled the computer's internet connectivity: Hi. I bought and installed a brand new PC and on day 3 using it, Windows Update installed some driver updates (screenshot attached) which switched off the computer's Wifi, Bluetooth and Ethernet adaptors (Network Properties screenshot also attached). No wifi connection was...
  10. Why wont my computer connect to the internet?

Why wont my computer connect to the internet?: So my main connection doesnt work and this is what I get every single time I try to connect to something on my computer's main internet: As soon as I type in the password the cancel button goes grey and no other text than the name of the connection shows up. I have a NetGear...