Windows 10: why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive?

Discus and support why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive? in Cortana to solve the problem; why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive? i tried it , i wrote a 4 characters word and it has no reaction... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ساک دستی پاکت بیرون بر, Feb 2, 2019.

1. why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive?

why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive?

i tried it , i wrote a 4 characters word and it has no reaction

please help

:)

ساک دستی پاکت بیرون بر, Feb 2, 2019

2. Quick search not working on secondary drives on windows 10

Hi Foxybite,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What type of files you are trying to search in the search bar?

• What do you refer to when you say secondary drives? Is it the other partition on the hard drive/external hard drive like flash drives or etc.?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.

Step 2:

Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.

• Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter

• Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))

• Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
  4. why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive?

1. why windows 10 search does not work in main my computer before entering a drive? - Similar Threads - why search does

2. Why does my windows 11 search highlights not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 search highlights not working anymore?: About a week ago the small logo in the search bar disappeared and with it the news and events all the relevant settings are on.I’m on the latest version of windows 11.Tried registry editor but the explorer section now showing.Group registry as well....
  3. Why does my windows 11 search highlights not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows 11 search highlights not working anymore?: About a week ago the small logo in the search bar disappeared and with it the news and events all the relevant settings are on.I’m on the latest version of windows 11.Tried registry editor but the explorer section now showing.Group registry as well....
  4. Windows Settings Search not working on main profile

Windows Settings Search not working on main profile: The search bar inside the settings app aswell as on the 'windows start menu' is not returning any resullts within settings.I have tried the following solutions so far:- Search and Indexing Troubleshooter- sfc /scannow- checking...
  5. Windows Settings Search not working on main profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings Search not working on main profile: The search bar inside the settings app aswell as on the 'windows start menu' is not returning any resullts within settings.I have tried the following solutions so far:- Search and Indexing Troubleshooter- sfc /scannow- checking...
  6. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

in Cortana
    Search does not work correctly Enter key never works: Win10 Home with all updates and feature updates installedI have already tried everything here including Troubleshooter and powershell script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-searchHello! Thanks for the...
  7. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search does not work correctly Enter key never works: Win10 Home with all updates and feature updates installedI have already tried everything here including Troubleshooter and powershell script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-searchHello! Thanks for the...
  8. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

9. Why does Search in Windows 10 not work with OneNote?

in Cortana
    Why does Search in Windows 10 not work with OneNote?: Quite simple... If I have information in OneNote, for example a notebook with a note that contains the words "Photosynthesis is a topic in Biology," then why when I press the Start button and enter the words "photosynthesis is a topic in biology" does Windows search not show...
  10. why doesnt my windows search bar does not work

in Cortana
    why doesnt my windows search bar does not work: why doesnt my windows search bar does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-my-windows-search-bar-does-not-work/b4584712-227c-4b55-9d30-d647a3210a10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search not working