Windows 10: why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few...

Discus and support why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few years. and also why window's troubleshooting does not work at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vengadeshwaran S, May 3, 2020.

1. why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few...

why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few years. and also why window's troubleshooting does not work at all

i bought my laptop before 4 years but now im getting wifi problem.

it shows cant connect to the network

im very disappointed and i cant even solve this problem even watching some tutorial videos in internet

and i also doubt why windws' troubleshooting is not at all finding any issues at all.

:)

Vengadeshwaran S, May 3, 2020
  2. Bob338 Win User

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, May 3, 2020
  3. VIC
    Vic Win User
    Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

4. why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few...

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 3, 2020
Thema:

why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few...

1. why windows always shows some wifi , and other problems after using the laptop for few... - Similar Threads - why always shows

2. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time: My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and...
  3. Show windows always disxconnected from WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show windows always disxconnected from WiFi: Hello everyone,is there a method to show Windows 11 always disconnected from Wifi in the right area of the bar notifications icons also it is connected to Wifi?Thank you...
  4. Show windows always disxconnected from WiFi

Show windows always disxconnected from WiFi: Hello everyone,is there a method to show Windows 11 always disconnected from Wifi in the right area of the bar notifications icons also it is connected to Wifi?Thank you...
  5. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  6. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  7. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes: Hello guys, I'm having a problem with windows since a long time and I never found a way to work it out. Basically when I log in to windows, I am immediately connected to the last wifi connection I used (my router). I can browse the internet just fine but then after 2-3...
  9. Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?: Some of my thumbnails are showing and others are not. There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening. I've gone into "HOME: VIEW: OPTIONS: CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS: VIEW: and there, insured the check mark was NOT in "Always show icons, never thumbnails." What else...
  10. W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use: Greetings. I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for a few hours. The explorer context menu labels disappear, the explorer shortcuts stop working, the explorer doesn't refresh...