Windows 10: Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

Discus and support Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by N Y from New York, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party USB flash drives from other people, I really want to scan those flash USB drives to make sure they have no virus/malware before I access the data on them. Unfortunately, I cannot find the scan option in Windows Defender on my laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. I really makes me nervous each time when I plug in a USB flash drive from someone else. Can anyone show me how to scan files in Windows defender on machine running Windows 10 in S mode?

Thank you very much for help.

:)

N Y from New York, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jul 29, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

95Viper, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

1. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full... - Similar Threads - Why Defender mode

2. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...: I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party...
  3. How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?

How to do a quick/full system scan on a computer running Windows 10 in S mode?: I cannot scan any file on a computer running windows 10 in S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-do-a-quickfull-system-scan-on-a-computer/0904a9a5-bdc0-4cbb-a38e-465f22e5aff2
  4. Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Defender not providing notifications: I am trying to use PuTTY to access via SSH my website. I have added PuTTY.exe to the firewall allowed apps and asked for notification of firewall blocks to be given. When I try to access the website using an authorized PPK key. I get an error> PuTTY Fatal error Network...
  5. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 S Mode: Unable to update Intel Video Driver because my Windows 10 pro in S mode. However, when I searched for an application to fix, windows reported I wasn't in S mode. How do I know whether or not my Windows 10 is in S mode? Following directions, I went to the Microsoft Store...
  6. Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan: I am not able to run the Quick Scan through Windows Defender. I donot have any third party Anivirus Software on my computer. When I tried to run the scan, it showing that "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item...
  7. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 S Mode: I need opinions on Windows 10 S Mode A friend at our senior center was told she should buy a Windows 10 S Mode instead of upgrading her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. --- She knows I'll be glad to upgrade her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I went through...
  8. Windows 10 in S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 in S Mode: how can I restore my HP Stream back to Windows 10 in S Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/df66e33b-aa75-49fd-b339-90ec04db067f
  9. Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?: Hello: I see that Windows Defender Security in Windows 10 does have AV Anti-Spyware and Firewall capabilities. Running just this built in security combination seems to make my PC operate more smoothly. But is third party software--other than occasional online...
  10. Windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in s mode: can you play java games with this.Like pogo.com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/f6f8222b-2f72-48d5-aab2-72ca846934a3