Windows 10: Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"?

Discus and support Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For years I never noticed any sort of slowdown, but recently (I'd say in the last 1-2 months) when Real Time Protection is running, computer gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NezumYYro, May 23, 2020.

1. Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"?

For years I never noticed any sort of slowdown, but recently (I'd say in the last 1-2 months) when Real Time Protection is running, computer gets terrible performances. For example, every time I plug a trusted usb device like an external soundcard or a MIDI keyboard, Defender starts scanning bringing the CPU usage at 100% making the computer inoperable for several minutes straight. Why does Defender affect performances like this just now? What is changed?

submitted by /u/NezumYYro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NezumYYro, May 23, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 23, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 23, 2020
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"?

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"?

1. Why Windows Defender processes suddenly became so "heavy"? - Similar Threads - Why Defender processes

2. Windows Startup Suddenly Became So Slow Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Suddenly Became So Slow Again: Hello All,I am wiritng you to inform about a problem on my computer. I just formatted my laptop 3-4 days ago because of that there happenned an issue causing slow boot like around 4 minutes which is very anormal.I did many things to fix it however, I could not make it so I...
  3. Windows Startup Suddenly Became So Slow Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Suddenly Became So Slow Again: Hello All,I am wiritng you to inform about a problem on my computer. I just formatted my laptop 3-4 days ago because of that there happenned an issue causing slow boot like around 4 minutes which is very anormal.I did many things to fix it however, I could not make it so I...
  4. Windows Startup Suddenly Became So Slow Again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender became weak

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender became weak: For last one month I do full scan of my PC from Defender but it get stops and cann't scan more file after scanning a few thousands of files. At that time PC becomes quite hot. I guess it is because of virus. Defender gets updated but seems it does not work. Offline scan does...
  6. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why: About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up, and once I signed in, all of my apps were running slowly and have been ever since. I am also unable to adjust my brightness,...
  7. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why: About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up, and once I signed in, all of my apps were running slowly and have been ever since. I am also unable to adjust my brightness,...
  8. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  9. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  10. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming