Windows 10: Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

Discus and support Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BogdanFlorin2, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3 hours .. the settings are reverted to DEFAULT and this is NOT OK at all.I face this on multiple servers.if I look in History I see that Task Scheduler DELETE the Task and create back.Why is happening this ?I see that the same behavior face also others but the person who answer does not understand the issue.Example: https://

:)

BogdanFlorin2, Jul 13, 2022

2. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, Jul 13, 2022
  3. mwidunn Win User
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows
    > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:

Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled scan task".

How do I proceed from here to set up the task?

Also, when I access Settings>Update & Security>Windows Security>Virus & Threat Protection, it displays "Malwarebytes Is Turned ON" with the various options.

Below that, it has "MS Defender Options" with a toggle OFF/ON. It seems to default to off, even when I toggle it to ON. I am subscribed to Malwarebytes, but would like to utilize both it and Defender. Can you tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thank you, JWarner

JeffA Warner, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

1. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to... - Similar Threads - Why Defender Scheduled

2. Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Located in Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows revert to...: On Win 2019 and Win 2022, after setup the Task Scheduler: "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" as convenient for me, after run to be sure it works,, after waiting for completion, after finish successful, even reboot computer to be sure the settings remain there ..... AFTER 2-3...
  3. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  4. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  5. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  6. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  7. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...