Windows 10: Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?

Discus and support Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Its weekly by default and this happening everyday, every time i lock the windows. Its made my HDD temp to 45c. And i don't even know if they running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?

Its weekly by default and this happening everyday, every time i lock the windows. Its made my HDD temp to 45c. And i don't even know if they running defrag or just analyze. It's fine to turn it off ? And by look in the screenshots, is it defraging or just analyze ?

Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ? [​IMG]

:)

mikelferdinan, Sep 15, 2019

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Sep 15, 2019
  3. OnBoard Win User
    best defrager for windows vista

I did too before Vista. I highly doubt you would like Vista's defrag either, it's such a big step backwards from XP's defrag. It takes minutes to start and it doesn't show you anything. Just that HDD is either defragged or not, nothing about is there any free space or how much of the drive is fragmented.

I don't trust anything that doesn't show what it is doing and what does it end up with.

OnBoard, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?

1. Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ? - Similar Threads - Why defrag always

2. Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why windows defrag always running every time i lock my windows ?: Its weekly by default and this happening everyday, every time i lock the windows. Its made my HDD temp to 45c. And i don't even know if they running defrag or just analyze. It's fine to turn it off ? And by look in the screenshots, is it defraging or just analyze ? [img]...
  3. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?: why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-video-resolution-changes-to-default/ce91b8ab-b7b8-4059-91b7-8b99960e9fd2
  4. Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program windows resize every time when I lock the screen: Hi there, First time post question here. Recently I installed a new windows 10 system, and I noticed every time after I lock the screen, and log in again. The program's windows resize itself. So I have to manually change the size for each programs. Please help....
  5. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  6. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  7. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts: Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This...
  8. Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do i have to fix my computer every time i get updates !: This is getting old, real fast. again after the new update to windows 10 my computer looses the drivers for the usb ports and other settings I have done, along with new glitches. what I want to know is there a troubleshooter that can scan everything and just fix the problems...
  9. every time I go to defrag C:\ drive I get it showing 6% fragmentation

every time I go to defrag C:\ drive I get it showing 6% fragmentation: Hi there folks, Wondering if any one can help by pointing me in the direction of steps to resolve or troubleshoot a new issue? I restored my pc today, had originally upgrade from Windows 8 Home to Windows 10 Home, then reset using USB drive. Completely wiped C: drive for...
  10. Why is Windows defragging my SSD?

Why is Windows defragging my SSD?: I started my PC last night and got a phone call so I left it unattended for about 10 minutes. When I got off the phone I noticed that my hard drive indicator light was solidly on. I have never seen that ever, even during/after Windows Updates. I left it alone until it...