Windows 10: Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Discus and support Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,Windows is set to never sleep with "Modern Standby S0" Networking Disabled state available only. We set laptop to never go sleep/hybernate or turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Hi,Windows is set to never sleep with "Modern Standby S0" Networking Disabled state available only. We set laptop to never go sleep/hybernate or turn off disk.But when locked+lid closed, if usb charger is being unplugged, it enters sleep mode. Also if USB charger was not connected, and we connected it, laptop same again enters sleep mode. Basically status of USB charge puts laptop into sleep.Any idea?** Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for USB Root Hub USB 3.0 using Device Manager** Disabled USB selective suspend setting using powercfg command utilityThanks

:)

Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021

2. SetSuspendState does not work with windows 10 supporting Standby S0 state

I have a Windows 10 tablet with following PowerCfg states available,

• Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) network connected.
    • Hibernate
    • Fast Startup
    In my C++ application, I am using SetSuspendState function with arguments (false, true, false) to make the Windows 10 tablet enter Sleep mode, but instead of entering Sleep mode the tablet Hibernates.

If I disable the Hibernate using 'PowerCfg /h off' then SetSuspendState call fails.

What is the correct API to send the Windows 10 tablet in Sleep mode?

TIA

MandarJadhav, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Sep 17, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

1. Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed - Similar Threads - Why enters seep

2. Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state: I have a problem with a program which sleeps windows computers. It is working in plenty of them. Now i have acquired a new laptop and i noticed that this system no works anymore. It is in Windows 11 although i think that it is irrelevant at this point.Commands for turning off...
  3. Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state: I have a problem with a program which sleeps windows computers. It is working in plenty of them. Now i have acquired a new laptop and i noticed that this system no works anymore. It is in Windows 11 although i think that it is irrelevant at this point.Commands for turning off...
  4. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  5. Wake On Lan and S0 power state

Wake On Lan and S0 power state: Hello everyone,I have been using WOL for many years. I had to change the PC now W11 Pro and now I can't Google any working solution. I followed many tutorials including this one. I found out the problem is the Modern Standby state S0. This is my powercfg -a.The following...
  6. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  7. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  8. Windows BSOD when entering S0 sleep with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD when entering S0 sleep with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error: Hello,I have a HP 445 G8 Ryzen based laptop.Going to S0 sleep causes the computer to crash sometimes. Most likely some driver is bad, could someone help by locating the offending driver from the minidump?The BSOD code is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Link:MinidumpThank you....
  9. Windows BSOD when entering S0 sleep with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD when entering S0 sleep with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error: Hello,I have a HP 445 G8 Ryzen based laptop.Going to S0 sleep causes the computer to crash sometimes. Most likely some driver is bad, could someone help by locating the offending driver from the minidump?The BSOD code is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Link:MinidumpThank you....
  10. Windows BSOD when entering S0 sleep with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error