Windows 10: Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Discus and support Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,Windows is set to never sleep with "Modern Standby S0" Networking Disabled state available only. We set laptop to never go sleep/hybernate or turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Hi,Windows is set to never sleep with "Modern Standby S0" Networking Disabled state available only. We set laptop to never go sleep/hybernate or turn off disk.But when locked+lid closed, if usb charger is being unplugged, it enters sleep mode. Also if USB charger was not connected, and we connected it, laptop same again enters sleep mode. Basically status of USB charge puts laptop into sleep.Any idea?** Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for USB Root Hub USB 3.0 using Device Manager** Disabled USB selective suspend setting using powercfg command utilityThanks

:)

Ivan Mamkaitis, Sep 17, 2021

2. SetSuspendState does not work with windows 10 supporting Standby S0 state

I have a Windows 10 tablet with following PowerCfg states available,

• Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) network connected.
    • Hibernate
    • Fast Startup
    In my C++ application, I am using SetSuspendState function with arguments (false, true, false) to make the Windows 10 tablet enter Sleep mode, but instead of entering Sleep mode the tablet Hibernates.

If I disable the Hibernate using 'PowerCfg /h off' then SetSuspendState call fails.

What is the correct API to send the Windows 10 tablet in Sleep mode?

TIA

MandarJadhav, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Sep 17, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed

1. Why windows enters seep DRIPS S0 when state of usb changed - Similar Threads - Why enters seep

2. Illegal state change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Illegal state change: Hi, I recently bought Halo Wars 2 on my PC via the Microsoft store. Howevr when I open the game and try to sign in, it just states "illegal state change has been requested". So I tried logging into Xbox.com which worked and I also changed my password but still cant log in...
  3. Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this happen when I enter fullscreen on a video or change the resolution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jik6tu/why_does_this_happen_when_i_enter_fullscreen_on_a/
  4. Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Sound change when entering calls: Hi, I've recently noticed that whenever I'm entering a call on windows, whether it be on Facebook, Teams, Discord or skype, the overall system sound is changing. It's changing in the sense that I get almost no bass anymore and mediums are boosted for voice amplification I...
  5. Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Entered Sleep State While Streaming: Based on another troubleshooting process (which concluded that Modern Standby was rubbish and I should only have Hibernate as an option), I have Sleep disabled. When streaming a video, the laptop decided to timeout; as per the comment above, that means Hibernate for me. I...
  6. Illegal State Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Illegal State Change: Recently changed the alias of my primary email for my microsoft account, can sign in with the new gmail from a browser just fine. However, when attempting to verify my microsoft account under the settings of my laptop I am met with an "illegal state change" notification and...
  7. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...
  8. Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!: i have a BAT file that i want to be executed when a USB enters! Please guide me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-specific-tasks-when-a-usb-is-entered-help/86aaa41b-4fec-4240-b318-2826761b7051"
  9. BSOD seemingly when computer goes from Power-state S0 to S1-3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD seemingly when computer goes from Power-state S0 to S1-3: TOXICITY-Sat_10_20_2018__64133_36.zip 120170
  10. USB port changing state over time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port changing state over time: I'm using a current Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) running Windows 10 Home x64. I have this infuriating problem which may be related to the hardware but may also possibly be fixed in the OS. I've had no success so far changing power and sleep settings in the BIOS and Device...