Windows 10: why windows explorer stop responding

Discus and support why windows explorer stop responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; explorer displays not responding and hangs. this happens when I highlight a few files or as I scroll to look for files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by soo linglee, Aug 4, 2019.

1. why windows explorer stop responding

explorer displays not responding and hangs. this happens when I highlight a few files or as I scroll to look for files

:)

soo linglee, Aug 4, 2019
  2. CuriousD Win User

Windows Explorer Stops Responding on Certain Folder

Hello. Recently, I had two instances when Windows Explorer stopped responding when I tried to access a folder. The first time, it seemed to focus on two video files and when I deleted the files, the folder was fine. The next time, I could not access the folder. I could access my back up on the NAS drive, but Windows Explorer would stop responding when I tried to access the folder on my secondary hard drive on the computer. I deleted the folder and copied the folder from the NAS drive to the secondary drive, but it yielded the same problem. I renamed the folder and I am now able to access the folder.

Do these two instances suggest a problem with my hard drive or with my current state of Windows 10?

Thanks for your input.

CuriousD, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 29, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

why windows explorer stop responding

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

why windows explorer stop responding

1. why windows explorer stop responding - Similar Threads - why explorer stop

2. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  3. Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop/Windows explorer stops responding: Im experiencing an issue where after using file explorer or relocating photos/files around on my laptop, window's explorers randomly stops responding and I am forced to restart. I am running on windows 11 right now. Any help with this?...
  4. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  5. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer stops responding freezes: I'm having this problem frequently -> when I'm opening a file, the Windows Explorer window freezes.When I close the window, this has the unfortunately side effect of closing ALL of the Windows Explorer windows I have open. This is a real drag when I'm at work. I basically...
  6. Windows Explorer stops responding freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File explorer - stops responding

File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  8. File Explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer stops responding: The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again...
  9. Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer stopped responding and hang: Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎07-‎Dec-‎18 11:22 AM Status Not reported Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  10. file explorer is not responding why?

file explorer is not responding why?: my windows 10 file explorer is not responding especially when I right click why is this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-is-not-responding-why/4cd2ed82-288c-47a4-a95e-1e60dc2a6793"