Windows 10: Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.

Discus and support Why windows go to sleep while downloading files. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is the second time my laptop went to sleep while downloading a 370GB file. It went to sleep at 319GB. I am really feeling to throw my laptop out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by N R Srivastava, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.

This is the second time my laptop went to sleep while downloading a 370GB file. It went to sleep at 319GB.

I am really feeling to throw my laptop out of the window.

Why do we need to manually change the sleep settings everytime in a situation like this. Why can't windows automatically detect it and prevent from sleeping.

This is annoying.

I use Firefox for downloading on windows 10.

:)

N R Srivastava, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Luka KLLP Win User

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Why windows go to sleep while downloading files.

1. Why windows go to sleep while downloading files. - Similar Threads - Why sleep while

2. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  3. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  4. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too: I am using intel core i3 laptop computer and using windows 10. My computer going to sleep while media players running and downloading torrents. So the process running apps close unexpectedly. I didn't found this problem in older versions of windows. I don't want to set my...
  6. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too: I am using intel core i3 laptop computer and using windows 10. My computer going to sleep while media players running and downloading torrents. So the process running apps close unexpectedly. I didn't found this problem in older versions of windows. I don't want to set my...
  7. Windows 10 going to sleep while programs running too

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. going to sleep mode while working

going to sleep mode while working: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few hours. But sometimes it goes...
  9. Not downloading while sleeps.

Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  10. Why Windows is not going to sleep while plugged in, even by clicking on sleep option or...

Why Windows is not going to sleep while plugged in, even by clicking on sleep option or...: I have the latest update of Windows 10 and it was working fine a while ago, but for some reason, now WindowsLaptop doesn't go to sleep while my laptop is plugged in. When I click on the sleep option or close the lid, the screen turns off, but the laptop doesn't go to sleep....