Windows 10: Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

Discus and support Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i press windows-sleep. it enters sleep mode, then turns on.i press windows-shut down, it shuts off, then turns on.i flick the switch on psu, it turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DageLV, Aug 14, 2022.

1. DageLV Win User

Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

i press windows-sleep. it enters sleep mode, then turns on.i press windows-shut down, it shuts off, then turns on.i flick the switch on psu, it turns off and stays off even if switch is turned back on.ive tried removing all drivers on device manager, didnt work, went thru and made so nothing can wake up pc, didnt work. I went to power mode, wake timers are off.Checked wake sources in cmd, says there is one but no sources. Event wiever says power-managment is source then in sources says unknown.network adapters etc all are off from waking up my pc. The generic google stuff, ive tried it.Update

:)

DageLV, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

1. Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off - Similar Threads - Why keeps waking

2. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  3. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  4. Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off: i press windows-sleep. it enters sleep mode, then turns on.i press windows-shut down, it shuts off, then turns on.i flick the switch on psu, it turns off and stays off even if switch is turned back on.ive tried removing all drivers on device manager, didnt work, went thru and...
  5. Why this keeps turning off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why this keeps turning off?: [ATTACH] Everytime I close "Mail and Calendar" it turns off the option "Fill entire window" in 'Personalization'. https://preview.redd.it/r14i4cvstxv51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3201fed71f81f985f557446d4197bb8cf9b1ae2 submitted by /u/scafutto20 [link]...
  6. Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to turn off this pop-up? It keeps showing up even though I turned off the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doodja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gteeo0/is_there_any_way_to_turn_off_this_popup_it_keeps/
  7. Lenovo Y530 ICH wakes up automatically when the screen turns off - why

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo Y530 ICH wakes up automatically when the screen turns off - why: To save energy, I set the screen off automatically (No screensaver!) for a specified time. The screen turns off after a certain time (Or I turn off it manually) but after a different time turns on automatically - Why? - I tested the situation on battery and mains power...
  8. turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up: Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last wake-up indicates it is universal orchistrator doing the dirty work. I want to be able to check for updates when I want to, not...
  9. Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off: I have an Intel NUC Skull Canyon (great device). However, I have one constant problem that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever the display turns off to power savings mode (Note: I have sleep disabled for the OS, but have monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes), the display...
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...