Windows 10: Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature

Discus and support Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Windows Server has built-in Docker enablement and OpenSSH, but GIT is not included and has to be installed and configured separately. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PerttuMäättä, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature

Hi,

Windows Server has built-in Docker enablement and OpenSSH, but GIT is not included and has to be installed and configured separately. This is real pain if you're building host for CI. Are there any reasons, why Microsoft doesn't include it as a just turn it on server feature? I would believe that there is lot of demand for it.

:)

PerttuMäättä, Sep 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Source: Whats new in Git for Windows 2.11? | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature

1. Why Windows Server doesn't include GIT as a feature - Similar Threads - Why Server doesn't

2. Why doesn't the Windows update process include proper error handling?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't the Windows update process include proper error handling?: I'll confess to not being a Windows fan. I run it only when I must. Aside from work, these days I mostly use windows in the form of trying to update Windows 10. Most of the time this is after someone gave up trying to get windows update to finish.I came to realize years ago...
  3. Why doesn't the Windows update process include proper error handling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't the Windows update process include proper error handling?: I'll confess to not being a Windows fan. I run it only when I must. Aside from work, these days I mostly use windows in the form of trying to update Windows 10. Most of the time this is after someone gave up trying to get windows update to finish.I came to realize years ago...
  4. Why doesn't the Windows update process include proper error handling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. git and pywb

git and pywb: I am trying to install pywb onto a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer. with Python 3.10.6, which has pip and setuptools. I understand it might not run here, this excersise is only to figure out how to install...
  6. How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?: Image file: https://nxnt.link/TrYSh submitted by /u/darkwarrior33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfpm1k/how_to_setup_ssh_server_in_windows10_in_git_bash/
  7. Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?: It still doesn't work for me. I suspect MS don't fix it because they're too busy dreaming up useless updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-10-snap-feature-work/1d8892a3-423f-490d-baa7-1d31f8986aa1
  8. git gui

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    git gui: Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call. I get the following error message fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL...
  9. Windows Server 2019 Includes OpenSSH

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 Includes OpenSSH: The OpenSSH client and server are now available as a supported Feature-on-Demand in Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 1809! The Win32 port of OpenSSH was first included in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server 1709 as a pre-release feature. In the Windows 10...
  10. Git for Cortana

Git for Cortana: I think that just Git is not enough. Who thinks anybody would use Git for Cortana "Clone <username/repository> to my computer" "Commit <file> to <username>s repository <repository>" "Create a new issue about <???>" ^ Examples By the way does dis support MD...