Windows 10: Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

Discus and support Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrPro_01, Sep 24, 2022.

1. MrPro_01 Win User

Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available i.e 30.0.101.1029 and its an old driver and Windows updates automatically installs it giving no option to cancel it.

:)

MrPro_01, Sep 24, 2022

2. Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver rollback problem

Hey Microsoft Community. I am currently running a Windows 11 Home build from the Windows Insider Beta program. The Windows Update keeps rolling my Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver to 27.20.100.8853, when the Intel website is telling me to update to 31.0.101.2111. Every time I update to the newest driver version through Intel, Windows Update rolls it back to the old version after every restart. Does anyone know a way to prevent Windows Update from "updating" (rolling back) this specific version of the driver?

Dogekovich, Sep 24, 2022
  3. MikeyJeff Win User
    Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release

Hi there - I would just like to ask a question regarding updating of Intel hardware beyond November 2018 with the new DCH drivers.

I am having issues in not being able to update my Intel Graphics UHD 630 drivers properly, ever since Microsoft/Intel implemented the new DCH standard.

I have an Intel i7-8700 processor, 16GB RAM and running Windows 10 Pro (1903) with a fully compatible Gigabyte Z370 motherboard (Socket 1151) - it has been working brilliantly
    since May last year.

The Intel Driver & Support software has been working perfectly in tandem with Windows Update with no issues, until the DCH drivers were implemented in November 2018.

AS soon as the Intel 630 HD Graphics v25.20.100.6444 was installed, the Intel update software thought it was a customised driver and wouldn't permit it to be updated to the new
    May 2019 driver. (v26.20.100.6890).

So, with aid from Intel I manually installed the latest driver by disconnecting my PC from the internet, updating the driver, and lo and behold, the new driver successfully worked,
    and all was well.

Until that is, Windows Update was invoked (as it invariably does from time to time) - it forcibly believes that the May 2019 driver is not the most recent version and falls back
    to the November 2018 driver, and then face the same problem where it won't update anymore, and thinks it is a customised driver.

I have changed nothing in my hardware or software configuration since the PC was brand new last year. It is purely because of this DCH driver from November 2018. Intel have suggested
    that I raise this issue here in the Microsoft forum as the only changes to my system have been the DCH driver which I understand to be a joint authorship between Intel and Microsoft.

I would like to understand if others are experiencing the same problem and how it was averted.

I understand I can force Windows Update not to update drivers (and perhaps ask Intel's updater to do that) - but I have never had to do this before, not until now with this new DCH
    standard. I have changed no other hardware.

System specification:

Intel i7-8700 CPU

Intel Graphics UHD 630 (v25.20.100.6444 - forced; otherwise 26.20.100.6890 when I stop Windows update from invoking)

16 GB RAM

Gigabyte Z370N Wifi (note, there are no customised DCH drivers for this motherboard for Intel Graphics or Windows 10 that I could see)

LG OLED65C7T 4K HDR Dolby Vision TV

Yamaha RXA-3070

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Build 1903

Best wishes and thanks in advance!

Mike.

MikeyJeff, Sep 24, 2022
  4. wbowerKAM Win User

Intel UHD Graphics Driver Crashing

It seems as though my laptop has an issue with the intel UHD Graphics driver that is installed. Every hour or so it will crash. I will either need to restart or go to Device Manager, disable the device, and then enable the device. I have tried a factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling the intel drivers, updating the intel drivers, and updating the Nvidia drivers the same way. I used terminal to check for any issues via Dism scan and check and sfc scan. No results in either case. Description of the computer below:

Gigabyte AERO 15 XD

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎6/‎10/‎2022
    OS build 22000.778
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.778.0

GPU Info:

NVIDIA GeForce 3070 Laptop GPU

Version 516.59

Intel UHD Graphics

Version 30.0.101.1994

Thank you!

wbowerKAM, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers - Similar Threads - Why Update Keeps

2. Intel UHD Graphics Driver Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel UHD Graphics Driver Windows 8.1: Hello, i have been searching the internet for a while but i cannot find any intel uhd 620 graphics driver for windows 8.1My PC specs:HP 250 G7 Notebook PC it is a laptopIntel i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz4GB ramPlease help me on this as i use this for my class...
  3. INTEL UHD GRAPHICS KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTEL UHD GRAPHICS KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION: Hello,I recently noticed that my Intel UHD graphic driver keeps installing the previous version through Windows Update after I updated it to the latest version. I updated my Intel UHD graphic through a couple of methods. The first one by downloading the Intel Driver and...
  4. INTEL UHD GRAPHICS KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTEL UHD GRAPHICS KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION: Hello,I recently noticed that my Intel UHD graphic driver keeps installing the previous version through Windows Update after I updated it to the latest version. I updated my Intel UHD graphic through a couple of methods. The first one by downloading the Intel Driver and...
  5. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  6. Intel UHD Graphics Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel UHD Graphics Driver Crashing: It seems as though my laptop has an issue with the intel UHD Graphics driver that is installed. Every hour or so it will crash. I will either need to restart or go to Device Manager, disable the device, and then enable the device. I have tried a factory reset, uninstalling...
  7. Updates keep installing old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates keep installing old version: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on my laptop. Since a couple of days I noticed that Windows is not activated any more. I ran the troubleshooter with the following result: troubleshooter discovered an activation key for Windows 10 Home single language version 1703....
  8. Legacy driver for Intel UHD 620

Legacy driver for Intel UHD 620: We have an image using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1607. My sys engineers tell me they can't update the version of Windows but I don't have a solid explanation why. I know a lot of you are going to say "Upgrade to the latest version of Windows" but right now I can't....
  9. Why My Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver cannot be updated?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why My Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver cannot be updated?: Intel Driver and Support Assistant said like this: "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer...
  10. Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release

Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release: Hi there - I would just like to ask a question regarding updating of Intel hardware beyond November 2018 with the new DCH drivers. I am having issues in not being able to update my Intel Graphics UHD 630 drivers properly, ever since Microsoft/Intel implemented the new DCH...