Windows 10: Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

Discus and support Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JuntProject, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time protection multiple times, but if I open task manager I can see Antimalware Service Executable running and taking up 20%-30% of memory with no applications open. Why is this happening? Every single source on the internet says turning off real-time protection will disable Antimalware Service Executable but it has never worked. I even recently did a factory reset and cleaned the drive. Even with it completely wiped new it STILL shows Antimalware Se

:)

JuntProject, Feb 20, 2024

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Antimalware Service Executable

Hello,

Currently I'm facing a problem with the antimalware service executable. It uses half of my memory, I did tried some solutions such as: Change Windows Defender’s schedule and Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. However, none of these solutions has yet fixed my issue. Any help is appreciated.

Should I install another antivirus program?

JustANormalMember, Feb 20, 2024
  4. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

1. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop? - Similar Threads - Why wont Antimalware

2. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?: I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time protection multiple times, but if I open task manager I can see Antimalware Service Executable running and taking up 20%-30%...
  3. Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont Antimalware Service Executable stop?: I’m currently running windows 10 and have been trying to get Antimalware Service Executable to stop using so much memory. I have turned off real-time protection multiple times, but if I open task manager I can see Antimalware Service Executable running and taking up 20%-30%...
  4. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  5. Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want To stop Antimalware Service Executable: Hello, I am using the windows with the latest updates and really want to disable Antimalware Service Executable whatsoever because it taking like a hell of Memory Space, My laptop goes bananas while using other apps but I have tried many ways to disable it, but in vain,...
  6. Stop Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Antimalware Service Executable: How do I stop the Antimalware Service Executable in Windows 10?I've tried using the Group Policy Editor and Registry editor but the old methods don't seem to work anymore. This thing is unusable with Windows Defender turned on and I don't have access to my Mac right now....
  7. Stop Antimalware service executable

Stop Antimalware service executable: I have tried registry edit, task scheduler. I can't seem to stop Windows defender antimalware service executable.It says its disabled but its still using the same amount of resources when I check task manager. How can I stop it without it starting up again....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable wont budge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable wont budge.: I've researched everything and tried every possibility, including manually turning it off, gpedit.msc, regedit, script, task scheduler and nothing works. Everytime I log back into my laptop I find that realtime-protection is turned back itself on and is now taking 50-200mb...
  9. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...
  10. To stop antimalware service executable

To stop antimalware service executable: I am having windows 10 home operating system and from few days this "Anti malware service excutable" is running in background. This msmpeng.exe is always auto starting and highly using cpu resources eventually making the system slow as ****. I tried all the methods possible...