Windows 10: Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

Discus and support Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I connected my laptop's audio through Bluetooth to my Alexa so that I could watch the movie on my laptop, but have the audio come from a louder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by angelynn t, May 26, 2023.

1. Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

So I connected my laptop's audio through Bluetooth to my Alexa so that I could watch the movie on my laptop, but have the audio come from a louder speaker. After disconnecting my laptop's audio from the speaker, no sound would come out of my actual laptop. I've tried reconnecting and disconnecting the Alexa, hooking up my laptop to my AirPods which I have done before with no issues, and of course, I tried just using the volume up/down/mute buttons- but nothing's worked. Now the only way I can hear anything I'm watching on my laptop is when it's hooked up to my Alexa and then I have to listen

:)

angelynn t, May 26, 2023
  2. cbiweb Win User

Sound comes out of laptop instead of TV when viewing a DVD

Sorry everyone, I forgot to come back to say I solved the issue! I did it like this:

• Right-click speaker icon in the tray
    • Click on "Sounds"
    • Go go to the "Playback" tab"
    There are two speaker devices listed:
    1. Digital Output (with a TV icon)
    2. Speaker/HP (my laptop speakers)

I disabled Speaker/HP, and then Digital Output automatically took over, which made the sound come out of the TV.

Problem solved!
    Thanks for the suggestions and advice that helped steer me in that direction. *Thumbs

cbiweb, May 26, 2023
  3. Bluetooth speaker (Lenovo 500) is connecting with laptop but sound is not coming

Hi Team,

I am having Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop which i use it to connect to my bluetooth stereo speaker Lenovo 500. My laptop is running the latest version of Windows 10 (last updated on 13-Jan-2016). It was working fine before last Nov 2015 big OS update.

After that (i checked it only this year), it is pairing and staying connected but the sound is not coming. Strangely the laptops speakers is also in sync with bluetooth speakers and even then no sound. Also i cannot hear the sound from the laptop speakers
    when it is connected to a bluetooth speakers. Laptop speakers works well when it is not paired.

However the same bluetooth speaker is working perfectly fine with my Lumia 920 running WP 8.1.

Kindly provide your suggestions or solutions for this.

Thanks

sankumar_87, May 26, 2023
  4. Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date.

I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.)

The following are my troubleshooting steps.

------------------------------

Windows Audio is running.

External speakers are disconnected.

In Device Manager > Sound

Disable, then re-enable:

- IDT High Definition Audio
    - Intel Display Audio

That did not resolve the issue.
    ------------------------------------
    Download and run: Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

-------------------------------------

Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab

Select "Speakers/Headphones"

Click Configure

Click Test

Both speakers pass

-----------------------------------------

Sound is OK from both speakers when they are connected. But on this specific laptop, I really have no interest in any sound coming from the external speakers (or headphones). I simply want the sound from the laptop itself.

How can I restore my sound?

Footnote: I have no Realtek driver. Is that unusual? I can't remember whether the old laptop actually had a Realtek.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

1. Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers? - Similar Threads - Why won't sound

2. Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?: So I connected my laptop's audio through Bluetooth to my Alexa so that I could watch the movie on my laptop, but have the audio come from a louder speaker. After disconnecting my laptop's audio from the speaker, no sound would come out of my actual laptop. I've tried...
  3. Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't any sound come out of my laptop's speakers?: So I connected my laptop's audio through Bluetooth to my Alexa so that I could watch the movie on my laptop, but have the audio come from a louder speaker. After disconnecting my laptop's audio from the speaker, no sound would come out of my actual laptop. I've tried...
  4. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  5. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  6. Sound not coming out of external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming out of external speaker: My laptop and my bose speaker are connected. Both devices report it. But no sound is coming out of the Bose speaker. what to do? Yesterday I could hear in the Bose speaker what I was playing in my laptop...
  7. Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers

Speakers recognized and Sound settings/volume show sound, but no sound coming out of speakers: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - tg01-0199 DT Rfrbd PC. I have run troubleshooting and driver is present. The computer recognizes the headphones and when you right-click - test, the bar shows sound playing. But no sound comes out of the headphones. The same thing...
  8. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  9. why their is no sound coming out of my speakers

why their is no sound coming out of my speakers: their is no sound coming out of my speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-their-is-no-sound-coming-out-of-my-speakers/679b7133-c8fa-4802-80ab-8eeead8ad7f0
  10. i have a buzzing sound coming out of my speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have a buzzing sound coming out of my speakers: have a buzzing sound coming out of my speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-buzzing-sound-coming-out-of-my-speakers/2933603f-1e8e-4136-af39-84087535d1ed