Windows 10: Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

Discus and support Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, May 24, 2021.

1. yahanna Win User

Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix?

:)

yahanna, May 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API

Source: Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, May 24, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API

Source: Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video? - Similar Threads - Why Wont Edge

2. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  3. How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge: There are times when websites ask for audio, video, or screen capture permission in whatever browser you are using. Here is how you can enable or disable audio, video, and screen capture in the Edge browser. Let’s say you do not want to disallow video calls while using the...
  4. Video Capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Capture: How do I capture video from my Sony Handycam Md DCR-HC65? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-capture/392d225d-41da-4bdd-88bf-0727f995a4c6
  5. Video screen capture

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Video screen capture: How can I capture a video of my screen, with audio me speaking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-screen-capture/183b56e7-b82d-496b-9a56-ccaecbcd2e37
  6. video capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video capture: hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you...
  7. Video capture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video capture: Cannot get windows 10 to find the capture adapter, tried everything that I can think of. Would like some help if someone tell can me how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/video-capture/656aea48-6b7c-4cf9-a0a0-6db5190d2f9c
  8. Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Screen Capture to Microsoft Edge with the Media Capture API: Beginning with the EdgeHTML 17, Microsoft Edge is the first browser to support Screen Capture via the Screen Capture API. Web developers can start building on this feature today by upgrading to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, or using one of our free virtual machines....
  9. BSOD screen capture of video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen capture of video: I was doing a screen capture of a video on You Tube when this bsod occurred;1st since updating to windows 10 Pro. This bsod was a light blue color with very little writing, but didn’t get error code/report as to why it happened but did disable auto reboot. 56330
  10. Screen video capture for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen video capture for windows 10: Hi... Does anyone know of a free video capture software that will record screen on windows 10 like fraps used to record on windows 7... A software that does not run on windowed mod and that shows mouse pointer and will record screen when gaming at least 30 FPS... Thanks 30477