Windows 10: Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

Discus and support Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BeefRamenMan [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeefRamenMan, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

/u/BeefRamenMan, Aug 21, 2020
  2. ABY
    aby Win User

Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

3. Mic issue with Realtek

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check if the MIC is set as the default device. Right click on the volume bar in the notification area and then click on 'recording' devices. In the recording tab, right click in the MIC and click 'Set as Default' and then check. If
    the issue still persists, I would suggest run the Audio troubleshooter and check. Press Windows key +X and then click on 'Control panel'. Click on 'Troubleshooting' and then click on the 'Audio troubleshooter' Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Aug 21, 2020
  4. WyattVA Win User

Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

Game Bar Mic Problem

Game Bar doesnt record mic or other people im talking to through discord when turned on "All" but when turned on "game only" it records mic but doesnt record my system sound such as talking to people through discord.

I use the "Record That" feature to get highlights of funny moments that happen while gaming but I like to have my voice and the person im talking to's in the recording, otherwise I would just use OBS to record something.

WyattVA, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this?

1. Why wont game bar record my mic audio? My mic works for everything else but this? - Similar Threads - Why wont game

2. why is my audio from my mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my audio from my mic not working: hey can someone help me ? I just bought my 2nd mic because the first one didnt work. But i have the same problem as before my pc tells me that everything should be fine i can see that i should here the audio but it wont let me hear it. Can someone help me its like a invisible...
  3. why is my audio from my mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my audio from my mic not working: hey can someone help me ? I just bought my 2nd mic because the first one didnt work. But i have the same problem as before my pc tells me that everything should be fine i can see that i should here the audio but it wont let me hear it. Can someone help me its like a invisible...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should: I use the Xbox Game Bar to record the last 10 minutes of the game in the background. It should also record my microphone, but it doesn't do it properly. When I click to record my last 10 minutes of the game, the recording is saved with the system sound including in-game...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should

Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should: I use the Xbox Game Bar to record the last 10 minutes of the game in the background. It should also record my microphone, but it doesn't do it properly. When I click to record my last 10 minutes of the game, the recording is saved with the system sound including in-game...
  6. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  7. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  8. My mic wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic wont work: Hello, I have a steel series artic 3 and recently I coudnt talk anymore, I connected it the the mic input and it gave me an option for mic or line in so I chose mic in and line in to test it out but I could only hear a buzz when I listen to device. Ive tried updating and...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio: It records game and discord audio, but doesn't record my microphone. It is set to default and audio to record is set to all. I've scoured the forums for answers and have tried most solutions, but none seem to fix it....
  10. Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Game Bar wont record my audio: I believe there is a bug in the game bar where it wont record a users microphone by default, even if it is set to do so bu default. The only work around I have found is to disable record microphone, then re-enable it on the game bar. Is this a known issue? Is there a...