Windows 10: Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

Discus and support Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jake Rocker, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and nothing works. I've looked for the "disable re-authentication" flag in chrome and it doesn't exist anymore. My MS username is an email address which works fine for logging into the computer but does not work for this security prompt for some reason?!?!? What is wrong and why can't I authenticate to view my passwords?? This is v

:)

Jake Rocker, Jun 3, 2023

2. Google Chrome not accepting Microsoft password

I use Windows 8.1 and I allow Google Chrome to save website passwords. When I want to view a password, I go to Google Chrome Settings and under Autofill I click on Passwords. I see the list of saved websites and the hidden saved passwords and I click on
    the "eye" (Show password) so that I can see the password. This action results in a box called Windows Security with 2 boxes, one for User name and the other for Password. I enter my User name and the last password I had for Microsoft. My attempt is rejected.
    I scan the list of websites and there's no entry for Microsoft. I go to Microsoft and get MS to send me a code # for a new password. I have to do this a few times and each time Google gives me a prompt to remember my password but when I check Microsoft is
    not stored. Fortunately, a short while back I exposed all of my passwords and took screen shots of the 5 pages so I can see my passwords. But now I can't see my passwords because the Settings/Passwords does not include the Microsoft website no matter what
    I do. Is this problem correctable? If yes, please either supply me with easy to follow instructions or a website with instructions. Thanks to all who will help me. Edward

EdwardLopez, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?
    2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?
    3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password
    manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
    • You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled
      Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.
    • Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.
    • Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

1. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to... - Similar Threads - Why won't Google

2. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  3. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  4. Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Windows Security reauthentication prompt accept my windows username and password...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  5. Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...

Why won't Google Chrome Windows Security Prompt accept my windows username and password to...: This is a re-authentication Windows Security prompt for login info to view my passwords in my chrome password manager but it does not accept my normal login information which I've confirmed many times. I've restarted the computer and reinstalled chrome several times and...
  6. windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is...

windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is...: windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is empty.I tried a number of different combinations of usernames found under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User AccountsPassword using the one i logged in my laptopwhat i am getting...
  7. windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is...: windows security when google chrome is trying to show passwords. The windows username is empty.I tried a number of different combinations of usernames found under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User AccountsPassword using the one i logged in my laptopwhat i am getting...
  8. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  9. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  10. Why won't Windows Explorer accept my router username/password when attemting to map a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't Windows Explorer accept my router username/password when attemting to map a...: I have a hard drive attached to my router and have successfully mapped it in each iteration of Windows from XP to 10. It's always been an unnecessarily complicated and difficult process, involving internet searching, consulting web sites, tearing hair out etc, but through...