Windows 10: why won't it let me extend this partition?

Discus and support why won't it let me extend this partition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Boot9strapperforlife [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Boot9strapperforlife, Dec 29, 2019.

1. why won't it let me extend this partition?

/u/Boot9strapperforlife, Dec 29, 2019

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Dec 29, 2019
  4. why won't it let me extend this partition?

Extending partitions

Extend partition on disk management!

B1gg3stN00b, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

why won't it let me extend this partition?

1. why won't it let me extend this partition? - Similar Threads - why won't let

2. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  3. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  4. Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.: My pc never let me set up a pin before so I ended up always pressing skip this step and logging into my computer, but recently whenever I go to log in, I click skip this step and it just sends me back to the begining stage. windows 11...
  5. Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.

Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.: My pc never let me set up a pin before so I ended up always pressing skip this step and logging into my computer, but recently whenever I go to log in, I click skip this step and it just sends me back to the begining stage. windows 11...
  6. Why won't Minecraft Launcher let me log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Minecraft Launcher let me log in?: I click Minecraft Launcher and it want's me to sign in. I hit sign in and it says "We could not sign you in to Xbox Live. Please try again later error code 0x80004005" Please help...
  7. Why won't Minecraft Launcher let me log in?

Why won't Minecraft Launcher let me log in?: I click Minecraft Launcher and it want's me to sign in. I hit sign in and it says "We could not sign you in to Xbox Live. Please try again later error code 0x80004005" Please help...
  8. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  9. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  10. :C Won't let me extend volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    :C Won't let me extend volume: The problem that I'm currently facing right now is that I am not able to extend volume for my C drive. This is because I made the mistake of thinking that I would only need the bare minimum for the operating system size itself for just one partition for the windows OS, and...