Windows 10: Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...

Discus and support Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to system and settings most of the settings are in bold and won't let me click them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DemonChicken, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...

When I go to system and settings most of the settings are in bold and won't let me click them

:)

DemonChicken, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...

Issues with Radeon 7400 M graphics in windows 10

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the post. The problem seems to be from Microsoft . I have followed below steps

• I have downloaded the software Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL from leshcatlabs.net
    • I have unistalled all my graphics softwares and drivers related to radeon 7400 M.
    • The Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL contains both intel and radeon drivers. So install intel drivers and reboot.
    • install radeon drivers and reboot.
    Now my system seems to be perfectly fine and no issues with drivers. Booting normally with out any issues. I turned on windows update and 7400 M drivers automatically installed from Microsoft.

After the reboot again the same problem. Now I am not sure how can I disable to download only 7400 M updates keeping all other updates on.

kindly suggest.

ShashikanthSrinivas, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an...

1. Why won't it let me turn the firewall on? I'm the only account on the laptop and I'm an... - Similar Threads - Why won't let

2. when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...: the camera turns itself on and off during zoom meetings it doesn't happen all the time but its becoming more frequent. It won't let me turn it back on once it starts turning itself off....
  3. when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I'm using zoom for a meetup the camera turns itself off and won't let me turn it back...: the camera turns itself on and off during zoom meetings it doesn't happen all the time but its becoming more frequent. It won't let me turn it back on once it starts turning itself off....
  4. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  5. Why won't my account let me switch?

Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  6. I'm stuck in a loop that won't let me access my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck in a loop that won't let me access my computer.: So basically I decided to try out windows 11 and once I tried it out I went back and wanted to change to windows 10 so I tried to revert to windows ten and now I'm currently stuck in loop that says "restoring your previous version of windows" which is then followed up by a...
  7. I'm stuck in a loop that won't let me access my computer.

I'm stuck in a loop that won't let me access my computer.: So basically I decided to try out windows 11 and once I tried it out I went back and wanted to change to windows 10 so I tried to revert to windows ten and now I'm currently stuck in loop that says "restoring your previous version of windows" which is then followed up by a...
  8. Firewall WON'T let me connect to ONLY 1 IMPORTANT site. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall WON'T let me connect to ONLY 1 IMPORTANT site. HELP!!!!!!!!!!: last 7 days ONLY Social Security Site !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called them and my account is OK. NO ISSUES. Acutually gave them my password and they logged in no problem I can't get past sign in page: [ATTACH] ALL I get is this [ATTACH] Again this is the ONLY site I have...
  9. I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?: When you change your background picture, you get the options fill, fit, stretch, tile, center, and span. The picture is off center and oddly cropped right now, but no matter which setting I select it doesn't change. I could have sworn there was a save button there before (I...
  10. Windows Firewall won't let me click

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall won't let me click: So I'm trying to click on change notification settings, but it will not let me. Mcaffee firewall is already turned off and I have made sure windows firewall is running by going to services. I can only click on Advanced Settings and Troubleshoot Network.[ATTACH]...