Windows 10: why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

Discus and support why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Madison Frost, Mar 18, 2024.

1. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know how I can change the settings in order for me to be able to have a lock screen.Thank you

:)

Madison Frost, Mar 18, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 18, 2024
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Mar 18, 2024
  4. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 18, 2024
Thema:

why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

1. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked - Similar Threads - why won't microsoft

2. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  3. why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't microsoft let me change my lock screen. It says it is blocked: Hi,I am just wondering how I can change the setting to my laptop in regards on changing my lock screen. Every time i try and change it all of the settings are locked and I'm not sure how to change this, it says it has something to do with my laptop settings but I don't know...
  4. My computer shows the lock screen but won't let me login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer shows the lock screen but won't let me login: I don't know what to do. When I turn on my computer it shows the lock screen but it doesn't let me log in.* Changed to a question* Original title: My computer...
  5. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  6. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  7. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

8. Lock screen requires me to login via my Microsoft account, but won't let me access my WiFi....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen requires me to login via my Microsoft account, but won't let me access my WiFi....: I've recently downloaded Windows help, but after seeing it changed my lock screen login method from it's traditional password to me now having to login into my Microsoft account, I uninstalled the app, because the Microsoft login kept failing and taking more than a few...
  9. Lock screen requires me to login via my Microsoft account, but won't let me access my WiFi....

Lock screen requires me to login via my Microsoft account, but won't let me access my WiFi....: I've recently downloaded Windows help, but after seeing it changed my lock screen login method from it's traditional password to me now having to login into my Microsoft account, I uninstalled the app, because the Microsoft login kept failing and taking more than a few...
  10. Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. Screen brightness is locked at maximum capacity. Won't let me change it.: The brightness of my laptop Acer Aspire E15 blocked at the maximum level. I can't change it in the Power settings or using the Fn key. In the settings of the Display Parameters the scale with the engine also disappeared. This is regardless of whether it is connected to the AC...