Windows 10: Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a...

Discus and support Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used Video Editor in the recent past to combine mp4 videos. But, today it wasn't working.I have two mp4 files that I would like to combine. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rt.hawk, Jun 9, 2021.

1. rt.hawk Win User

Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a...

I have used Video Editor in the recent past to combine mp4 videos. But, today it wasn't working.I have two mp4 files that I would like to combine. I am able to play these files separately using VLC Player.I added the two mp4 videos to a new project in MS Video Editor. I dragged them down to the playlist area. I would like the first mp4 file to play first, followed the second file, and then have the first mp4 file play a second time. The preview does not show anything even through the application changes the blue outline on the Storyboard. And, the progress timer and bar do move. But, nothing a

:)

rt.hawk, Jun 9, 2021

2. MS Video Editor for Windows 10 - Video skipping frames

I've created several videos in MS Video Editor from footage shot with my android phone. They've all turned out great until now. Now, video footage that plays fine in Window Media Player or "Movies and TV" becomes choppy and skips frames after editing it
    in "Video Editor". What's going on? I thought maybe it would play smoothly once it was "finished" or rendered into MP4, but even "finished" version is choppy. The audio still plays fine, but the video sucks. What's up?

JamesRhoades1, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Not able to run the video file saved from MS video editor!! Does not export correctly. No share option is visible which I click on Finish Video

Not able to run the video file (.mp4) saved from MS video editor!!

It does not save and export files correctly. No share option is visible which I click on Finish Video

When I click on Finish VIdeo, it keeps buffering, and then pop up goes away suddenly. The file saved in the concerned folder is an mp4 file but does not play of the media player

Salvi Sanket INDIA, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Raniel V. Win User

Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a...

Video Editor Export

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for your feedback.

When using the video editor app, go to the upper right hand part of the window and click on "Finish Video", then click on Export to save it on your desired folder or location.

Once the export has been completed, it should automatically save as an .MP4 file.

You may verify it by doing a right click on the video and selecting properties. The type of file should be "MP4 File (.mp4)".

Please let me know if the issue persist even after trying the steps above. Thank you.

Raniel V., Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a... - Similar Threads - Why won't Video

2. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  3. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?: ColleaguesWhy does my MP4 video not play any sound? I've tried to find a Microsoft driver update, but I can't find one that looks trustworthy. Incidentally, if I copy the MP4 to my iPad, it plays both vision and sound correctly.Many thanksIan...
  4. Why does my MP4 video not play any sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11: The audio plays, but the picture does not. When I open an MP4 video, it prompts me to buy an HEVC video extension from the Microsoft Store to be able to play the video with the picture. Please help me with this, thank you....
  6. MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11

MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11: The audio plays, but the picture does not. When I open an MP4 video, it prompts me to buy an HEVC video extension from the Microsoft Store to be able to play the video with the picture. Please help me with this, thank you....
  7. MP4 Editing with Video Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 Editing with Video Editor: I am trimming a lot of videos as an instructor. I want to reset the app that "plays/opens" mp4 files to the video editor that comes with Windows 10. I cannot find any way to do this. There is no "open with" option on the menu below. The default apps under Settings will not...
  8. Exporting and finishing video from video editor

Exporting and finishing video from video editor: Hi, I have been trying to finish and export a video I created on video editor. I repeatedly get an error message reading couldn't save the video. The file is in use. Try again later, or choose a different file name. Here's the error code, in case you need it:0x80070020...
  9. why are video project saving in mp4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are video project saving in mp4: i am finding that my video projects are only saving to mp4 files, and then not able to be opened by the recipient. how do i change or fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-video-project-saving-in-mp4/eabd28df-8f1f-43e6-ba2d-4063c2d3f41e"
  10. Why won't my computer play web videos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my computer play web videos?: my computer will not play ANY web video. i get no error message, constant loading or black screen from youtube and green screen from facebook and all other websites as well. I use chrome...my laptop is a brand new MSI gaming laptop and is only two months old theres no reason...