Windows 10: Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor?

Discus and support Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just upgraded my computer from win 7 to win10 and my graphics card uses mini displayport so i have to use an adapter to use hdmi. So when I use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DragonHost337, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor?

So I just upgraded my computer from win 7 to win10 and my graphics card uses mini displayport so i have to use an adapter to use hdmi. So when I use my headset in either my pc's port or my monitors port it doesnt work. It still plays on my monitor. I have an Upgraded Dell Precision T1650. Thanks

:)

DragonHost337, Aug 14, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor? :p

cadaveca, Aug 14, 2019
  3. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 14, 2019
  4. McSweg Win User

Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor?

How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset?

Monitor: AOC - G2460PQU 24.0 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (G2460PQU) - PCPartPicker
    Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset (981-000536) - PCPartPicker

Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor? Bz6GdSW.png

so the usb part is connected into my PC and i get audio just fine.

i recently got a nintendo switch and i play my switch using HDMI on my monitor. (my pc is DVI)

now my monitor has sound but I want the sound to play on my headset instead. I have usb ports on my monitor but that didn't give me audio. The green wire with the headset logo I put that in my monitor and still got no sound. How can i get sound on my headset from my monitor?

McSweg, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor?

1. Why wont my audio go to my headset instead of my monitor? - Similar Threads - Why wont audio

2. Why wont my pc display on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why wont my pc display on my monitor?: I installed windows 10 on my pc after having windows 11 it said it was installing but since it finished my pc wont display on my monitor it says no support ive plugged other things into my monitor and they work perfectly but my pc wont work. It turns on but theres no display,...
  3. Why wont my pc display on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my pc display on my monitor?: I installed windows 10 on my pc after having windows 11 it said it was installing but since it finished my pc wont display on my monitor it says no support ive plugged other things into my monitor and they work perfectly but my pc wont work. It turns on but theres no display,...
  4. Why wont my pc display on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why wont my audio work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my audio work: My audio wont play over my computer anymore unless i conect a speaker to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-audio-work/76e95cd7-56f2-4862-b30c-5bc4e725bf98
  6. Why wont my audio work

Why wont my audio work: My audio wont play over my computer anymore unless i conect a speaker to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-audio-work/76e95cd7-56f2-4862-b30c-5bc4e725bf98
  7. My audio is going through my pc monitor and not my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is going through my pc monitor and not my headphones: so when i restarted my pc everything was normal, then audio came from my monitor instead of my headphones, any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-is-going-through-my-pc-monitor-and-not-my/e27f4fcb-1e7b-42c3-a725-738b92dff9a8
  8. My audio is going through my pc monitor and not my headphones

My audio is going through my pc monitor and not my headphones: so when i restarted my pc everything was normal, then audio came from my monitor instead of my headphones, any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-is-going-through-my-pc-monitor-and-not-my/e27f4fcb-1e7b-42c3-a725-738b92dff9a8
  9. Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic...: Why is my game audio going through my mic instead of my voice I plug my headset with mic with a line in and it says not plugged in but it works on other devices submitted by /u/kaplansekerci_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine: Every time i get on netflix, my monitor will randomly go black, but the video is still playing because i can hear the audio. I have no control of my keyboard or mouse and i cant see anything. the only way ive been fixing this is by manually shutting down the computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the sound going to my speaker instead of my headset on the computer

2. why wont headset work on pc

3. why wont my headset work for pc that uses a tv as monitor

4. why is my audio going to my moniter,
  5. why wont my turtle speakers play and why are do they need a headset