Windows 10: Why won't my battery charge?

Discus and support Why won't my battery charge? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why won't my battery charge? I tried 3 batteries and tested good voltage on the power supply. Tried calibration and looked for drivers. This started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesSchabow, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Why won't my battery charge?

Why won't my battery charge? I tried 3 batteries and tested good voltage on the power supply. Tried calibration and looked for drivers. This started probably 6 months ago.

I have a HP Pavilion, model T558P44.

Thanks, Jim

:)

JamesSchabow, Feb 9, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Why won't my battery charge? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Why won't my battery charge? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Why won't my battery charge?

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Why won't my battery charge?

1. Why won't my battery charge? - Similar Threads - Why won't battery

2. battery not removeable and won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not removeable and won't charge: I have an ASUS laptop computer and the battery won't take a charge. Battery not removable by user so can't be easily replaced. Computer works when plugged in. I there some setting that I may have inadvertaintly disabled.?...
  3. my battery won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my battery won't charge: I just got a n Evoo. I plugged it in. It has been plugged in for 3 days and still won't work unless I keep it plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-wont-charge/87f4cd09-1969-4f77-9d7a-0ff9e6d30f41
  4. Why wont my battery charge?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why wont my battery charge?: Why won't my battery charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-battery-charge/c7fef960-95c3-41f9-9c45-dd701a0cd0a4
  5. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Battery Won't Charge Fully: ASUS, 1909 Battery icon was sitting at 88% for hours. By pulling and reinserting the power cord the percentage will sometimes move up 1% and now sits at 93%. The battery light is orange. Checked my BIOS version and it's 2014. This laptop was barely used until this year and...
  6. Battery Won't Charge Fully

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery Won't Charge Fully: ASUS, 1909 Battery icon was sitting at 88% for hours. By pulling and reinserting the power cord the percentage will sometimes move up 1% and now sits at 93%. The battery light is orange. Checked my BIOS version and it's 2014. This laptop was barely used until this year and...
  7. Acer battery won't charge

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer battery won't charge: Hi, my laptop Acer E5-475G (the spec is in my profile) is currently having an issue. Last night I was organizing my files and document but I didn't realize that the battery indicator was blinking because the battery level was like 50% or 60%. I put the laptop to sleep when...
  8. Battery Won't Charge Completely

Battery Won't Charge Completely: I had a setting get changed on my Asus recently, and now my computer will only charge to 80%. I can't figure out how to undo the change in my battery settings, and I can't find any way to change the setting in BIOS. Any suggestions?...
  9. Battery won't charge.

Battery won't charge.: I have a Satellite P55t laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. After a few months the battery will not charge. It says 0% available (plugged in, charging). Did anybody experience the same problem & was able to solve it....
  10. My battery won't charge beyond 80%

in Windows 10 Support
    My battery won't charge beyond 80%: I've asked this issue on other Discord channels, but I wanted to post it here. My model is HP, and entering my model number lists it as Energy Star. Yesterday, this problem has been starting. So my problem is...My battery will not charge beyond around 80%. It can charge,...