Windows 10: Why wont my computer accept my printer?

Discus and support Why wont my computer accept my printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why wont my computer accept my printer? * OS assumed to be Windows 10 * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidbowen88, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Why wont my computer accept my printer?

why wont my computer accept my printer?

* OS assumed to be Windows 10

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: printer

:)

davidbowen88, Nov 20, 2018

2. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 20, 2018
  3. printer wont add to laptop

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of your printer?

• What is the exact error message that you receive?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

As an initial step, I suggest you to run the troubleshooter for Printer and see if it brings any difference.

Run troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Method 2:

I also suggest you to Remove printer driver and verify the result.

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to the Printer, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Then reinstall the driver. After that, follow the steps below. You may add a shared printer and verify the result.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Printers.

2. On Keyboard press Alt, then click File->Run as administrator->Add Printer.

When UAC window pops up, click Continue to go on.

3. Select "Add a local printer".

4. Select "Create a new port". Choose "Local Port" as the type of the port.

5. In the box "Enter a port name", type the address as the following format.

\\[IP address of the host computer]\ [The Share Name of the printer]

then click Next.

6. Follow the instruction to finish the installation. During installing, when you are prompt to choose a correct driver; click the button "Have Disk".

7. Browse to the .in file. Click OK.

8. Wait for the process finishes.

Method 3:

It's a good idea to test your network to make sure that all of the computers and devices are connected and working properly. To test your network, do the following on each network computer:

• Click the Start button, click your user name, and then, in the left pane, click Network.

You should be able to see icons for the computer you are on and all of the other computers and shared printers on the network.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Why wont my computer accept my printer?

connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Why wont my computer accept my printer?

1. Why wont my computer accept my printer? - Similar Threads - Why wont computer

2. why wont it accept my school email on adding users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont it accept my school email on adding users: why wont it accept my school email on adding users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-accept-my-school-email-on-adding-users/7cddc35d-33c1-4ff0-8550-26a53ae8f129
  3. why wont it accept my school email on adding users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why wont it accept my school email on adding users: why wont it accept my school email on adding users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-it-accept-my-school-email-on-adding-users/7cddc35d-33c1-4ff0-8550-26a53ae8f129
  4. Why wont my computer sign in ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why wont my computer sign in ?: For a few days now I try to sign into my laptop and it won’t work. I click sign in and it says just a moment but it just loads forever and idk what to do can someone help me ?...
  5. Why wont my computer sign in ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my computer sign in ?: For a few days now I try to sign into my laptop and it won’t work. I click sign in and it says just a moment but it just loads forever and idk what to do can someone help me ?...
  6. Why wont my computer sign in ?

7. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  8. My computer wont accept any input audio

My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  9. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. why wont hp printer connects to my network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why wont hp printer connects to my network?: How can I get HP deskjet printer to connect to my wireless network???!!! I have been researching for days now,.very frustrating! Any advice,, tips, tricks?!!HP Support really is not helpful. I dont know if this is a Windows issue or a printer issue, probably Microsoft I am...