Windows 10: why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?

Discus and support why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer will not recognize a new hard drive which I installed. I have connected the internal cable to the new HD. Is there another cable which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrewLaurianti, Feb 29, 2020.

1. why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?

my computer will not recognize a new hard drive which I installed. I have connected the internal cable to the new HD. Is there another cable which should be connected?

:)

DrewLaurianti, Feb 29, 2020
  2. twynog Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 29, 2020
  3. lvr181 Win User
    Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Judesman Win User

why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?

Computer wont recognise F Drive

I have been backing up to an F Drive on my computer but have now started backing up to an external hard drive. I deleted all the files from the F Drive and re- formatted the disk. Now if I want to send a folder or file to the F Drive this drive does not appear in "Send". Perhaps I should not have re- formatted but how can I get the computer to recognise my F Drive? Any help please?

Judesman, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive?

1. why wont my computer recognise a new hard drive? - Similar Threads - why wont computer

2. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  3. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive: Earlier today my pc crashed, upon restarting my computer booted from my hard drive rather than my ssd, showing old files, wallpapers etc. When looking on device manager, my ssd can be seen by my pc, however when looking in file explorer there is nothing to be seen. Is there...
  4. Computer no longer recognises boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iomega Hard Drive not Recognised: My Iomega Hard Drive which has been working on my home network for over 5 years is not seen by either of the two pc's running Windows 10 since January 2020. I am therefore unable to access to save or view any media. Can you advise please?...
  6. new computer wont recognise monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new computer wont recognise monitor: I have been running my 18-month old HP pavilion for the last couple of weeks with Zoom and my Yuraki monitor about 10 years old with no issues. I have just bought a second pavilion computer, upgraded, and it is refusing to recognise the monitor. I have found advice about...
  7. Hard Drive Not Recognised

Hard Drive Not Recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron with a SSD 128GB and an HDD 1TB. I am not technically knowledgeable, but have been able to run all diagnostics I can trace regarding my issue. The HDD is no longer visible in File Explorer. I have run an F2 and an F12 diagnostic from the Dell boot...
  8. my external hard drive is NOT recognised

my external hard drive is NOT recognised: I have Windows 10 Home edition, How do I find Windows.old And How do I install my External Hard Drive, it does NOT show up on my PC. I need help asap. Please....
  9. SSD recognised as hard drive

SSD recognised as hard drive: I have an SSD for my C drive and Windows tells me it's a hard drive, I know it's not because I can see it sitting inside my PC. I ran "winsat formal" in cmd twice and that did not fix it. windows also wants me to "optimise" it. so what do I do?...
  10. Computer wont recognise F Drive

Computer wont recognise F Drive: I have been backing up to an F Drive on my computer but have now started backing up to an external hard drive. I deleted all the files from the F Drive and re- formatted the disk. Now if I want to send a folder or file to the F Drive this drive does not appear in "Send"....