Windows 10: Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?

Discus and support Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently bought a custom pc with windows 10 pro installed on it, I was testing to make sure everthing worked when I noticed that whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wyatt Kennedy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?

So I recently bought a custom pc with windows 10 pro installed on it, I was testing to make sure everthing worked when I noticed that whenever I plugged in my headset into the audio jack, I didn't work. I tried a different headset, I tried all of the other jacks but nothing worked. I've also tried updating the driver to no avail.

:)

Wyatt Kennedy, Nov 8, 2018

2. Audio: No sound when headphones are plugged in to jack

I would also like to add that the Realtek HD audio manager recognizes that something has been plugged into the headphone jack but does not output any sound in spite of that.

Sanjeev303, Nov 8, 2018
  3. LSN05 Win User
    Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?

Windows 10: Issues with front audio jack

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the front audio jack. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. "the computer stated that the front jack was the default communications device", when exactly do you get this message?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

3. When you say sound works, are you saying that when you plug the headphones to the front audio port the computer doesn't recognize but the sound/audio plays in the headphone?

4. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

You may run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    You may also check if the headphone's 3.5mm jack is correctly installed (pushed deep) in the front audio port and check if the computer recognizes it.

You may try the given suggestions and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack?

1. Why won't my computer recognize it whenever I plug anything into the audio jack? - Similar Threads - Why won't computer

2. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  3. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  4. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in: 3.5 mm jack just stopped functioning - regardless of what is plugged in headsets that function on other devicesI have checked the sound setting and the appear to be correct. How can I troubleshoot the port?...
  6. 3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5mm jack is not functioning - not recognized when anything is plugged in: 3.5 mm jack just stopped functioning - regardless of what is plugged in headsets that function on other devicesI have checked the sound setting and the appear to be correct. How can I troubleshoot the port?...
  7. My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.

My computer won't recognize the earphones i plugged in.: My computer doesn't recognize the earphones I plugged in after removing it, but it does so after restarting the pc while the earphone is plugged, plz help me fix it, i have only i earphone agd need to keep removing it from my pc as i play games too, help...
  8. My device won't recognize what I plug into the audio jack

My device won't recognize what I plug into the audio jack: Can anyone help figure out how I can get that pop up dialog box when i plug in a new device into the audio jack? Window 10. Surface 3. It doesn't recognize that I've plugged in a microphone...
  9. Windows won't detect anything plugged into 3.5mm audio jack

Windows won't detect anything plugged into 3.5mm audio jack: I completely wiped my entire hard drive and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows but it still won't detect any headphones I plug in. It shows up as though there's nothing plugged in. Tried with multiple headphones. Every other port on my front IO works (USB, power, reset) but...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize anything that is plugged into the 3.5 audio jack.

Windows 10 does not recognize anything that is plugged into the 3.5 audio jack.: As of today, I have noticed that my Windows 10 laptop has stopped recognizing any audio devices that use a 3.5 connection. I usually hear the generic "ding" sound every time I plug in my stereo system, followed by a notification asking what I plugged in. However, that is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio jack wont recognise anything