Windows 10: Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.

Discus and support Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I press the start button to shut down the computer and then press the shutdown button. It just reboots. Why is this happening. I'm not a computer savvy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billfox, Jun 19, 2024.

1. billfox Win User

Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.

I press the start button to shut down the computer and then press the shutdown button. It just reboots. Why is this happening. I'm not a computer savvy senior citizen. Please help. Bill had a stroke. I'm Linda his wife.

:)

billfox, Jun 19, 2024

2. Home screen won,t start tried reboot won't start either.

Home screen won,t start tried reboot still won't start?

ThomasHill_660, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Xbox and OneDrive won´t log in sometimes

For some reason my one computer won´t log on to the Xbox app and OneDrive. My other computer on the other hand works perfectly fine. I can´t seem to find to reason and even tried with a factory reset and still the same issue. Help? Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots. :)

I´ve allready tried deactivating the firewall and even rebooting the computer Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots. ;)

Tom Högstedt, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

1. Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots. - Similar Threads - Why won't computer

2. Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.: I press the start button to shut down the computer and then press the shutdown button. It just reboots. Why is this happening. I'm not a computer savvy senior citizen. Please help. Bill had a stroke. I'm Linda his wife....
  3. Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my computer shut down. It just reboots.: I press the start button to shut down the computer and then press the shutdown button. It just reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-computer-shut-down-it-just-reboots/b763935b-54eb-43e8-b2e4-1fb85faabc69
  4. Computer won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down: I installed a new modem today, and got rid of the older one. This went fine and I'm able to surf and have a private wifi. But, when I clicked "Shut down" from the popup menu, my computer appeared to restart. I had left my desk and then noticed a light was showing behind the...
  5. My computer won't reboot and won't shut down completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't reboot and won't shut down completely: I just receive a HP 14u G6 ZBOOK laptop workstation with Windows 10 Pro 2004 operating system. Everything runs OK, but when Windows downloaded all the updates and download the 202H Windows 10 Pro update, the problems started. 1. Every time that I want to restart the...
  6. why won't my computer shut down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why won't my computer shut down?: I can't shut down computer or put it in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-computer-shut-down/ec09cf9e-d2c2-4356-92b5-488510285bdb
  7. my computer won't shut down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my computer won't shut down: when i go to shutdown my computer, the button doesn't work. the other buttons also don't do anything. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-shut-down/130d52fc-8598-4bfb-82fb-ef40a317728e
  8. Computer just shuts down.

Computer just shuts down.: I get the following: Your computer has encountered a problem and will restart. This happens mostly when on Facebook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-just-shuts-down/bcc7b9ab-2945-49a6-bd26-61802ca3c784
  9. My computer won't shut down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won't shut down.: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 and I didn't have this issue there. Whenever I shut down windows, it shuts down and then, no more than a second later starts up again. This is very annoying - every time I shutdown I have to wait for it to start up again and then shut...
  10. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.

My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots.: Good day. After the new update on 1903. I noticed that my computer stopped working normally. After I click shutdown. My computer, instead of shutting down, reboots. And only for the second time, he turns off. Sorry to me my English I translate in online translator....