Windows 10: Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

Discus and support Why won't my computer stay completely asleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blau345, Aug 13, 2016.

1. blau345 Win User

Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

Hello,

I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may be.

How could I get it completely silent in sleep mode?

:)

blau345, Aug 13, 2016

2. I can't turn my computer off

I know how to turn computer off, but it won't turn off when I press Shut down. It still stays on. It shuts down, but LED still stays on, indicating that computer is not off completely. I have to press and hold for 5 seconds off button till it completely
    shuts down. My Windows is Windows 10 and I think I will return to Windows 8.1.

AntanasStasaitis, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Preferences / Settings

Why won't my preferences stay the way I selected?

Gregory A Johnson, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

1. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep? - Similar Threads - Why won't computer

2. How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?: I select sleep , the screen goes black but before I even leave the room its back on again . GRRR. this is a nightly occurrence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-stay-asleep-when-i/ac929f5c-22d2-4569-a6f6-314b9b70d8aa
  3. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  4. why won't my wi-fi stay connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    why won't my wi-fi stay connected: My Wi-fi will not stay on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-wi-fi-stay-connected/d5d92a7e-ac82-42c5-bb68-5d10befd5df6
  5. Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...
  6. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  7. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343
  8. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  9. Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything: Hello, I am new to posting on these forums but I have been reading them for a bit. I appear to be having the problem with windows 10 that prevents windows from staying asleep. To be more specific every time I shutdown, go into hibernate, or go to sleep, the computer only...
  10. Windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not stay asleep: Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have: Gone to power management and ensured I have a...