Windows 10: Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

Discus and support Why won't my computer stay completely asleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blau345, Aug 13, 2016.

1. blau345 Win User

Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

Hello,

I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may be.

How could I get it completely silent in sleep mode?

:)

blau345, Aug 13, 2016

2. I can't turn my computer off

I know how to turn computer off, but it won't turn off when I press Shut down. It still stays on. It shuts down, but LED still stays on, indicating that computer is not off completely. I have to press and hold for 5 seconds off button till it completely
    shuts down. My Windows is Windows 10 and I think I will return to Windows 8.1.

AntanasStasaitis, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Preferences / Settings

Why won't my preferences stay the way I selected?

Gregory A Johnson, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

1. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep? - Similar Threads - Why won't computer

2. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  3. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  4. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why won't Microsoft Permanently Fix the "Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep" Issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why won't Microsoft Permanently Fix the "Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep" Issue?: Microsoft shoves updates down our throats, pushes a new version of Windows i.e. 11, is an enormous corporation, but can't fix a single issue that has been reported multiple times.Windows 10 won't stay asleep - Microsoft CommunityWindows 10 won't stay asleep? Powercfg...
  6. Why won't Microsoft Permanently Fix the "Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep" Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Microsoft Permanently Fix the "Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep" Issue?: Microsoft shoves updates down our throats, pushes a new version of Windows i.e. 11, is an enormous corporation, but can't fix a single issue that has been reported multiple times.Windows 10 won't stay asleep - Microsoft CommunityWindows 10 won't stay asleep? Powercfg...
  7. Why won't Microsoft Permanently Fix the "Windows 10 Won't Stay Asleep" Issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Monitor won't stay asleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't stay asleep: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when...
  9. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  10. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...