Windows 10: Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?

Discus and support Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a zoom l12 mixer. It connects to my computer via USB. I've said it as the default playback device and communication device, and when I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZacharyHenderson1, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?

I'm using a zoom l12 mixer. It connects to my computer via USB. I've said it as the default playback device and communication device, and when I play games all the audio cuts out until I disable it and re-enable it and then it's good for 5 seconds or 5 min. And then all the audio cuts out again . The only answer i find to this problem is to do what i have to do a million times. Disable and re-enable the playback audio device fixes everyone else's problems not mine tho. Works just fine with other audio devices ‍ like my pioneer dj controller, the sound goes into that just fine and into my speakers without any complications or hiccups. Im lost i feel like i spent a bunch of money on **** that wont work and it was all sold to me as it does work. Microsoft windows, the mixer, the games, everything is f:$+3, nothing ever works.

:)

ZacharyHenderson1, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Different default playback device for each user profile.

Hi hs369258,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to select a default sound output. If you want to replace your current audio device, you can select the other audio playback device available on your system and set it as
    default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    2. On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-default-audio-device-windows-10/
    to perform an alternative option to change your default audio device.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Apr 11, 2021
  4. PapaMoose Win User

Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?

Setting default audio playback

I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem:
    This issue is almost always solved by changing the default audio playback to be DVD quality.

1. Navigate to Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Sound.
    2. Highlight the default Playback device and select Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, set the default format to be 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

Only thing is, when I get to the last step, it won't let me change the default format. There is no button and the numbers (16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)) are greyed out. How do I do what they are saying?

PapaMoose, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable?

1. Why won't my default audio playback device stay selected and have problems staying stable? - Similar Threads - Why won't default

2. Why won't my computer stay locked overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my computer stay locked overnight?: I lock my computer at the end of each work day, but when I come in the next morning it is no longer locked. This is a recent issue I've never had before....
  3. Why won't my computer stay locked overnight?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won't my computer stay locked overnight?: I lock my computer at the end of each work day, but when I come in the next morning it is no longer locked. This is a recent issue I've never had before....
  4. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  5. Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?: I just got a new Dell Latitude 5420 and I cannot get the sleep setting adjustments to stay. The agent on Microsoft customer service chat helped by doing remote access but did not let me record what he did so I am lost now as my system did an automatic update and it went back...
  6. Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Won't my Sleep Setting Adjustments Stay?: I just got a new Dell Latitude 5420 and I cannot get the sleep setting adjustments to stay. The agent on Microsoft customer service chat helped by doing remote access but did not let me record what he did so I am lost now as my system did an automatic update and it went back...
  7. Why won't my settings stay on my monitor

Why won't my settings stay on my monitor: Why won't my settings stay on my monitor, plus my printer is not picking up details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings/2726c9b6-d395-49b4-8129-b9b1822e837c
  8. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active: I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the text remain selected. It goes right back to being unselected. I try again, and same thing happens. Eventually it will...
  9. file explorer won't stay open at selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer won't stay open at selected file: I would like the file tree to stay open at a selected file until I'm done working in that file! Is there a switch in settings that I can change?...
  10. Speakers won't stay default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers won't stay default: On my son's laptop, he has 2 playback devices, HD audio and speakers. If set to HD audio, no sound. If set to speakers, perfect. Problem is it won't stay set to speakers. Drivers are up to date. Its a Lenovo Carbon laptop (don't have exact model with me now). PC primarily...