Windows 10: Why won’t my File Explorer operate?

Discus and support Why won’t my File Explorer operate? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve recently gotten a Gaming PC with Windows 10. Over the past days, When I try to open File Explorer, nothing happens. It just sits there at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fernando356, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Why won’t my File Explorer operate?

I’ve recently gotten a Gaming PC with Windows 10. Over the past days, When I try to open File Explorer, nothing happens. It just sits there at the bottom, the icon. Nothing of it is shown on screen, but it is clearly running. I’ve tried restarting it in task manager, what Microsoft recommends you to do, and updating. None worked. Can someone please help me? It would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Fernando356, Dec 30, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. W XP & Illegal Operation with movie files

Why does Windows Explorer close up for illegal operation when I click on some movie files?

I have the preview disabled, simple list no thumbnails, still sometimes when i click on some of the movie files windows explorer freezes/closes for illegal operation. It could be Xvid or DivX or other encoded movies, from what I noticed the resolution of the movie could be an issue? Some movies encoded to 640x480 with the same codec as 720x400 for example, there's no problem clicking on the 640x480 movie, but once i click on the 720x400 movie for example it closes/freezes up *Bang Head :banghead:

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

GeeForce11, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Why won’t my File Explorer operate?

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Why won’t my File Explorer operate?

1. Why won’t my File Explorer operate? - Similar Threads - Why won’t File

2. Why there is bcdbackup in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there is bcdbackup in my file explorer: When I was trying fix recovery using cmd from start up and I don't have a pen drive but to be honest I am accident download and install windows 11 22h2 english or something I am not sure , that and Please wait while we install a system update then I did delete download...
  3. Why there is bcdbackup in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why there is bcdbackup in my file explorer: When I was trying fix recovery using cmd from start up and I don't have a pen drive but to be honest I am accident download and install windows 11 22h2 english or something I am not sure , that and Please wait while we install a system update then I did delete download...
  4. why there is linux in my file explorer bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is linux in my file explorer bar: ayo i want to ask that why there is linux in my file explorer bar ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-is-linux-in-my-file-explorer-bar/c7aaca2b-7e7d-4cd2-bb80-6a4cde330433
  5. why isn't my file explorer work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why isn't my file explorer work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdleaf6000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxa643/why_isnt_my_file_explorer_work/
  6. Why does my File Explorer do this?

Why does my File Explorer do this?: [ATTACH] Opening File Explorer through shortcut launches an additional (default icon) window submitted by /u/SaucdUp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6pxi0/why_does_my_file_explorer_do_this/
  7. Why is my files explorer so slow?

Why is my files explorer so slow?: Why is my files explorer so slow? Sometimes when I try to delete a file a green bar up top shows up and it would just stay there for a long time. Sometimes, it would say that the program is not responding and the software would turn to a white tint. Other times, I can't even...
  8. Operating system won’t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system won’t start: Tried all available options to repair. Then tried to reset from cloud, reset from computer and factory image restore, all failed. Tried scan of system all five categories came back no defects found. Tried factory restore again and it is in the same place it was when it...
  9. Why does my file explorer not work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my file explorer not work?: So I just recently got my own laptop and I wanted to see if everything was in working order. Every time I try to open File Explorer, it turns the screen white then closes itself. I dont know what the issue is, any ideas?...
  10. File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashes attempting file operations, on network drives: Hi This is another FileExplorer crash post - however this one slightly different than others I could find, and the solutions for the others has not provided a solution either. Long story short - upon attempting file operations on mapped network drives - e.g. rename...