Windows 10: Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?

Discus and support Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up a new laptop and cannot understand why one folder, which has been marked to "Always keep on this device", continues to show a green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geekiamnot_CJ, May 24, 2021.

1. Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?

I have set up a new laptop and cannot understand why one folder, which has been marked to "Always keep on this device", continues to show a green outlined icon with a check mark. Why won't this one folder switch to a solid green icon? Interestingly, the folderswithin this folder all show a solid green icon

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, May 24, 2021

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon? ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 24, 2021
  3. borgus Win User
    OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look...

OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine.

There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this registry key...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdent ifiers
    (On another PC there are seven OneDrive folders shown under that key, and two additional folders.)

How can the overlay check marks be restored?

borgus, May 24, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon?

1. Why won't my folder switch to a solid green onedrive icon? - Similar Threads - Why won't folder

2. Why are my photos in OneDrive has green cast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my photos in OneDrive has green cast?: Why are my photos in OneDrive has dark green cast?User of macOS Sonoma 14.0Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-photos-in-onedrive-has-green-cast/473ad99c-1391-44b2-8e4b-c1c4734b6903
  3. Why are my photos in OneDrive has green cast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my photos in OneDrive has green cast?: Why are my photos in OneDrive has dark green cast?User of macOS Sonoma 14.0Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-photos-in-onedrive-has-green-cast/473ad99c-1391-44b2-8e4b-c1c4734b6903
  4. I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut...

I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut...: I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut off it never goes off and I can not power laptop on ever...
  5. I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut...: I have evoo laptop and it won't power on and there is a solid green light that won't shut off it never goes off and I can not power laptop on ever...
  6. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  7. My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.: For the past few months, my laptop's taskbar and desktop randomly turns solid green. It doesn't show any buttons or apps it is just solid green. If I restart, everything goes back to normal but sometimes I can't restart at the moment and I need to access things from the...
  8. Error icons on my OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error icons on my OneDrive folders: Hi, I have these error icons on my OneDrive folders: [ATTACH] I don't use more storage than I'm allowed to, the sync works perfectly and no errors except these icons. I have cleared my waste basket (in OneDrive) and tried to repair OneDrive, no luck. Any ideas are most...
  9. Streamed Video is Solid Green

Streamed Video is Solid Green: Except for Netflix running in Firefox, all attempts to display streamed video shows a solid green video area. I have two video adapters, ATI Radeon HD4600 and NVIDEA GeForce GT 610. Four displays Dell s2409w (Primary display for watching video), HP w2338h (Primary console) ,...
  10. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark