Windows 10: Why wont my keyboard work?

Discus and support Why wont my keyboard work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ive tried using device manager to delete and reinstall the keyboard thrice but all it has been saying is " The specified image file did not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Lomonaco, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Why wont my keyboard work?

ive tried using device manager to delete and reinstall the keyboard thrice but all it has been saying is " The specified image file did not have the correct format, it did not have an initial MZ. " why does it give me error code 39 randomly??

:)

Daniel Lomonaco, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Why wont my keyboard work?

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Why wont my keyboard work?

1. Why wont my keyboard work? - Similar Threads - Why wont keyboard

2. Why wont my keyboard work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard work?: ive tried using device manager to delete and reinstall the keyboard thrice but all it has been saying is " The specified image file did not have the correct format, it did not have an initial MZ. " why does it give me error code 39 randomly??...
  3. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  4. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  5. Why wont my laptop work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my laptop work: Hello, so when I try to log into my windows 10 it says sign in. normal right? But when I click it it totally doesn't work and just brings me back to the start. No shortcut keys work. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Why wont my audio work

Why wont my audio work: My audio wont play over my computer anymore unless i conect a speaker to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-audio-work/76e95cd7-56f2-4862-b30c-5bc4e725bf98
  7. Why wont my keyboard work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard work?: Ive been having a issue with my keyboard not working with my pc. It just stopped working out of the blue one day. I have tried almost everything I could find online and I even fully wiped the computer. I tested the keyboard on a different computer and it worked flawlessly. I...
  8. Why wont my keyboard work?

Why wont my keyboard work?: Ive been having a issue with my keyboard not working with my pc. It just stopped working out of the blue one day. I have tried almost everything I could find online and I even fully wiped the computer. I tested the keyboard on a different computer and it worked flawlessly. I...
  9. Why wont my keyboard work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. my laptop keyboard wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop keyboard wont work: For the second time since I've owned it, my laptop keyboard has stopped working after a windows update. Troubleshooting shows that there isn't an issue but I still cannot type. I dont want to send this in again and pay money to fix it. Please help!!...