Windows 10: Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

Discus and support Why won't my laptop accept my password at login? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My password wasn't accepted when I logged into windows on laptop. I got the error message: "The password is incorrect. Make sure youre using the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SF2021SF, Apr 15, 2021.

1. SF2021SF Win User

Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

Hi,

My password wasn't accepted when I logged into windows on laptop. I got the error message:

"The password is incorrect. Make sure youre using the password for your Microsoft acct. You can always reset it at account.live.com"

I reset my password but have the same issue when trying to login to my laptop. The new password works on my phone etc.

I read through previous posts here and have tried the following methods:

1. Ease of access - on screen keyboard

2. Safe mode

3. Disconnecting wifi / flight-mode.

4. Restarting laptop.

Nothing works. I can't get into my laptop. I need to access important documents saved on my laptop urgently but I can't get into my laptop.

I even tried to enable hidden admin, but when I right click the power/start button I only have options to restart, shut down.

Please help ASAP. I NEED access to important legal documents urgently.

Thanks

:)

SF2021SF, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

Laptop Login won't accept correct password

I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still
    not working. Using Windows 10 on an ACER laptop.

PaulCamrass1, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

1. Why won't my laptop accept my password at login? - Similar Threads - Why won't laptop

2. Trying to recover my laptop but it won't accept my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to recover my laptop but it won't accept my password: Hi,I am trying to fix my laptop which is now in recovery mode. I got through the first part with the recovery key linked to the laptop. However I had to change my password for my accpunt. Now my laptop in recovery mode won't accept my password to do anything else to fix my...
  3. Trying to recover my laptop but it won't accept my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to recover my laptop but it won't accept my password: Hi,I am trying to fix my laptop which is now in recovery mode. I got through the first part with the recovery key linked to the laptop. However I had to change my password for my accpunt. Now my laptop in recovery mode won't accept my password to do anything else to fix my...
  4. Trying to recover my laptop but it won't accept my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  6. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  7. Laptop won't accept my password

Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  8. Laptop Login won't accept correct password

Laptop Login won't accept correct password: I'm currently logged in as a local user. When I try to switch my login to use my Microsoft Account it won't accept my password even though I am able to login into my Microsoft account with that password. I've tried changing password and restarting, still not working. Using...
  9. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4
  10. Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?: Facebook problems... it won't accept my passwords and keeps asking for new ones which don't work when I get them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-wont-facebook-accept-any-of-my-passwords/611db86f-a518-47f0-aad3-94cd887bc850