Windows 10: Why wont my laptop let me reset it?

Discus and support Why wont my laptop let me reset it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried resetting my pc because a game wouldnt open. I went to the power and clicked reset, and nothing happened. I then try to update my drivers. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YE_SPILLED_ME_TEA, May 28, 2020.

1. Why wont my laptop let me reset it?

I tried resetting my pc because a game wouldnt open. I went to the power and clicked reset, and nothing happened. I then try to update my drivers. They are all updated. What is wrong?

submitted by /u/YE_SPILLED_ME_TEA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YE_SPILLED_ME_TEA, May 28, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2020
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 28, 2020
  4. Clem Win User

Why wont my laptop let me reset it?

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Thema:

Why wont my laptop let me reset it?

1. Why wont my laptop let me reset it? - Similar Threads - Why wont laptop

2. Why wont my computer let me log in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why wont my computer let me log in?: Hi, so I have bin having this issue where everytime i try to log in or click anything my computer screen would just flash. Since it wont let me click on anything im currently stuck on the log in screen and eveytime i try to open the enter password tab it would just flash and...
  3. Why wont my computer let me log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my computer let me log in?: Hi, so I have bin having this issue where everytime i try to log in or click anything my computer screen would just flash. Since it wont let me click on anything im currently stuck on the log in screen and eveytime i try to open the enter password tab it would just flash and...
  4. My laptop wont let me sign in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont let me sign in!: I got a new laptop and I turned it off so it can charge. when I turn it back on it says sign in and everytime i click it does nothing! Im just stuck at the login screen and I restarted many time but it does nothing!...
  5. My laptop wont let me sign in!

My laptop wont let me sign in!: I got a new laptop and I turned it off so it can charge. when I turn it back on it says sign in and everytime i click it does nothing! Im just stuck at the login screen and I restarted many time but it does nothing!...
  6. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  7. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  8. it wont let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  9. i wont let me reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i wont let me reset my pc: im kinda new to this pc thing but recently i got a virus when i installed this app and now people are telling me to reset my computer but now its saying insert your windows installation or recovery media....
  10. My laptop wont let me log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop wont let me log in.: So, I reset my laptop and now it wont let me log in. Any way you guys think I can log into it? It shows other user when I try to log in. I tried every single password I have. Please help...