Windows 10: Why won’t my laptop restart

Discus and support Why won’t my laptop restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why won’t my laptop restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-restart/55693595-6a96-44d6-bf2a-83a603600b9f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ann Chantal Logose, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Why won’t my laptop restart

Why won’t my laptop restart

:)

Ann Chantal Logose, Jan 26, 2024

2. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Jan 26, 2024
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Why won’t my laptop restart

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Jan 26, 2024
Thema:

Why won’t my laptop restart

1. Why won’t my laptop restart - Similar Threads - Why won’t laptop

2. Why won’t my laptop restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my laptop restart: Why won’t my laptop restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-restart/55693595-6a96-44d6-bf2a-83a603600b9f
  3. Why won’t my laptop restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my laptop restart: Why won’t my laptop restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-restart/55693595-6a96-44d6-bf2a-83a603600b9f
  4. Why won’t my laptop take my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my laptop take my password: I recently just got old laptop out of storage and I’m trying to sign in to it but Microsoft isn’t taking the password that I’ve reset at least 5 times already. I’ve restarted my computer twice and updated it. Could it have anything to do with it being on an older version of...
  5. Why won’t my laptop take my password

Why won’t my laptop take my password: I recently just got old laptop out of storage and I’m trying to sign in to it but Microsoft isn’t taking the password that I’ve reset at least 5 times already. I’ve restarted my computer twice and updated it. Could it have anything to do with it being on an older version of...
  6. Why it’s my laptop restarting ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it’s my laptop restarting ?: I just updated my windows 11 and now when i’am trying to shut down my laptop it’s just restarting Idk if somebody else has this problem but i don t know what to do now...
  7. Why it’s my laptop restarting ?

Why it’s my laptop restarting ?: I just updated my windows 11 and now when i’am trying to shut down my laptop it’s just restarting Idk if somebody else has this problem but i don t know what to do now...
  8. Why won’t my laptop turn on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won’t my laptop turn on?: The laptop shows the windows logo for a little and then just goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-turn-on/6458abb6-4b63-4716-95c0-ceb9955df37e
  9. Why won’t my laptop stay off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won’t my laptop stay off?: I recently bought a Dell laptop, it has Windows 10 on it and whenever I turn it off, close the lid then open it again the next time I want to use it, it automatically turns itself on I don’t press any buttons or even the on/“off” button. It does it automatically. I had a...
  10. Laptop won’t restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won’t restart: When I try to restart my laptop I get an Inaccessible Boot Device error. I have done all the built in troubleshooting options including resetting -except I dont have any recovery media. Nothing is working. Noticed that an auto update happened this morning PID 1984 just...