Windows 10: Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore?

Discus and support Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Until recently, I put my laptop to Sleep every night by clicking on the Windows icon (lower left). Recently, clicking on this icon won't put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore?

Until recently, I put my laptop to Sleep every night by clicking on the Windows icon (lower left). Recently, clicking on this icon won't put my computer to sleep - but I don't get a message telling me why. Is it possible I have something running that prevents it from going to sleep? Thank you.......

:)

Nisko, Apr 8, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Apr 8, 2020
  4. JCDrives Win User

Laptop won`t sleep

Hi everyone,

I´ve had a problem with my laptop over the last couple of weeks. When I select sleep on the start menu, the only thing the laptop does is turn the screen off. If I move the mouse or touch a key the screen turns back on as if nothing happened (even the start
    menu is open with the mouse cursor over the sleep button). But that is not all. When the laptop does decide to go to sleep, when I turn it back on it acts as if I turned it off and back on and closes everything I had open before it going to sleep.

I`ve already tried all the fixes I could find online and none of them worked.

To note about the laptop:

Asus ROG GL-551JW

I`ve installed a new SSD (240GB Crucial SSD) last September (old one died) and a new (directly from Microsoft) windows 10 install. The problem started about a month and a half after installing the SSD.

JCDrives, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore? - Similar Threads - Why won't laptop

2. Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?: Windows no longer recognizes my iPad in Explorer iTunes but still sees my iPhone. Why? My iPad was working fine connecting with iTunes a little over a week ago. Last working on 6/16/23. Not sure but following updating both Windows to KB5027293 and iTunes to 12.12.9.4 suddenly...
  3. My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...: I have a Dell Inspiron Ryzen 5 laptop for over two months now and it's been one of the best gifts I've received this year, with it being a powerhouse with 16GB of RAM and helping me out with games, homework and watching stuff! Though for some reason it can no longer go into...
  4. My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't go into sleep mode automatically anymore and it can't display screensavers...: I have a Dell Inspiron Ryzen 5 laptop for over two months now and it's been one of the best gifts I've received this year, with it being a powerhouse with 16GB of RAM and helping me out with games, homework and watching stuff! Though for some reason it can no longer go into...
  5. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  6. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  7. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC won't sleep anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't sleep anymore.: Last year, I ironically had a problem where my PC would wake up from sleep when it shouldn't. It was eventually solved. PC keeps waking up. Now, I am having the opposite problem. I have the same settings I've always had, which is display should turn off after 20 minutes, and...
  9. Why won't my laptop go to sleep? What is blocking sleep on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why won't my laptop go to sleep? What is blocking sleep on Windows 10?: I see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/high-definition-audio-device-audio-stream-is/f3d7ef5e-ee78-4027-8635-46f0a9355505 I have used a administrative command shell and run "powercfg /requests" and see my sleep is blocked by...
  10. Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 PC Won't Sleep Anymore: Win10 64bit V1903 with all published updates. Some weeks ago (maybe even longer) my PC stopped going to sleep after the specified time. I am setting the times in Power & Sleep. I have the screen set to turn off after an hour (and it does) and the PC to sleep after 2 hours but...