Windows 10: Why won’t my laptop stay off?

Discus and support Why won’t my laptop stay off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a Dell laptop, it has Windows 10 on it and whenever I turn it off, close the lid then open it again the next time I want to use it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wise_quote, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Why won’t my laptop stay off?

I recently bought a Dell laptop, it has Windows 10 on it and whenever I turn it off, close the lid then open it again the next time I want to use it, it automatically turns itself on I don’t press any buttons or even the on/“off” button. It does it automatically.

I had a MacBook Pro for the past 4-5 years but sold it to get the Dell I have now, before that it was windows 7 at college.

I never had this problem with Apple when I turn it off it stays off.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

submitted by /u/wise_quote
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wise_quote, Nov 4, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Nov 4, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Why won’t my laptop stay off?

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Why won’t my laptop stay off? [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Why won’t my laptop stay off?

1. Why won’t my laptop stay off? - Similar Threads - Why won’t laptop

2. Why won’t my laptop restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why won’t my laptop restart: Why won’t my laptop restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-restart/55693595-6a96-44d6-bf2a-83a603600b9f
  3. Why won’t my laptop restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my laptop restart: Why won’t my laptop restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-restart/55693595-6a96-44d6-bf2a-83a603600b9f
  4. Why won’t my laptop restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Show highlight search won’t stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show highlight search won’t stay off: On windows 11 I turn off my show search highlight for the task bar search. First time I click in the task bar the search highlights aren’t there. If I click out of it and back in the highlight search it back on. I have restarted my computer multiple times and it is updated....
  6. Show highlight search won’t stay off

Show highlight search won’t stay off: On windows 11 I turn off my show search highlight for the task bar search. First time I click in the task bar the search highlights aren’t there. If I click out of it and back in the highlight search it back on. I have restarted my computer multiple times and it is updated....
  7. Why won’t my laptop take my password

Why won’t my laptop take my password: I recently just got old laptop out of storage and I’m trying to sign in to it but Microsoft isn’t taking the password that I’ve reset at least 5 times already. I’ve restarted my computer twice and updated it. Could it have anything to do with it being on an older version of...
  8. Why won’t my laptop turn on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won’t my laptop turn on?: The laptop shows the windows logo for a little and then just goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-turn-on/6458abb6-4b63-4716-95c0-ceb9955df37e
  9. why laptop not staying connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why laptop not staying connection: why laptop not staying connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-laptop-not-staying-connection/a4f6753f-86eb-4d56-a135-066021f9cf63
  10. Why won’t Tamper Protection stay on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why won’t Tamper Protection stay on?: I have Windows 10, version 1903. If I turn Tamper Protection On in “Virus & threat protection settings, Manage settings” and then leave Windows Security, when I come back to it, Tamper Protection has reverted to being Off again? How do I make it stay on? Does it matter?...