Windows 10: Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?

Discus and support Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On Windows 10, I have an external USB HD, formatted into one 4TB partition, Windows 10.For some reason, any new folders I create off the root will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SergioDCQ, Mar 17, 2022.

1. SergioDCQ Win User

Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?

On Windows 10, I have an external USB HD, formatted into one 4TB partition, Windows 10.For some reason, any new folders I create off the root will not show in File Explorer. I can still completely access them through the command line, and if I type the full address into the File Explorer.Have run chkdsk, with /F, and whichever other option that took a whole day to run. Still the same problem.Just curious if anyone knows what the problem is?

:)

SergioDCQ, Mar 17, 2022
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders? [​IMG]

AFTommy, Mar 17, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Rose Cal Win User

Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders? 26affdf1-72c6-4477-9013-2fd3dc999ea8.png

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders? - Similar Threads - Why won't NTFS

2. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?: Whenever I want to disable mouse acceleration on my mouse settings, I still have to go to the additional mouse settings link. The thing is when I did it, it doesn't show up. I tried opening additional mouse settings in Control Panel but doesn't seem to work as well....
  3. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?: Whenever I want to disable mouse acceleration on my mouse settings, I still have to go to the additional mouse settings link. The thing is when I did it, it doesn't show up. I tried opening additional mouse settings in Control Panel but doesn't seem to work as well....
  4. Why doesn't my Additional Mouse Settings show up?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?: On Windows 10, I have an external USB HD, formatted into one 4TB partition, Windows 10.For some reason, any new folders I create off the root will not show in File Explorer. I can still completely access them through the command line, and if I type the full address into the...
  6. Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my NTFS show any additional folders?: On Windows 10, I have an external USB HD, formatted into one 4TB partition, Windows 10.For some reason, any new folders I create off the root will not show in File Explorer. I can still completely access them through the command line, and if I type the full address into the...
  7. My Additional Plans Do Not Show.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Additional Plans Do Not Show.: When I Open Power Plan And Try To Put On High Performance It Does Not Show That Only Balanced And It Does Not Show The Additional Plans So If You Can Help Please Do...
  8. NTFS folder on external drive shows as zero-byte file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS folder on external drive shows as zero-byte file: I'm having problems with a folder on an external hard drive. Recently I had a Windows notification to repair the drive, which I did. The next time I plugged in the drive, one of the folders was missing. On closer inspection I found that there was a zero-byte file with the...
  9. additional folders for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    additional folders for OneDrive: So I had an issue earlier with red X's and got that resolved. But now I was thinking. If I want to upload things automatically that aren't in my OneDrive folder how do I do that? I don't want to have to make sure to move everything to the OneDrive folder....
  10. Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't facebook accept any of my passwords?: Facebook problems... it won't accept my passwords and keeps asking for new ones which don't work when I get them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-wont-facebook-accept-any-of-my-passwords/611db86f-a518-47f0-aad3-94cd887bc850