Windows 10: Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

Discus and support Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've recently had a random issue where the OneDrive app in taskbar will not close. There is nothing running and when I try to click on the "open app"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JPearson95, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

I've recently had a random issue where the OneDrive app in taskbar will not close. There is nothing running and when I try to click on the "open app" no window will actually pop open. I do not have OneDrive pinned to my taskbar and I don't want it pinned, but the only way I can close this ghost "open window" is to close window which then gets rid of it on the right side pinned thing that I do want. Nothing is currently syncing, but I want it to constantly sync when needed. I always used to have OneDrive open on the right bottom part of the task bar, but never had an issue where it is open as a

:)

JPearson95, Jan 30, 2023

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

1. Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close? - Similar Threads - Why won't OneDrive

2. Why won't taskbar disappear ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't taskbar disappear ??: I have adjusted the settings for the Taskbar to melt away when not being used. But it's getting stuck almost every day. This is the most annoying thing in the world. I'm not able to hit the functions of smartnotebook and various other apps I use in my school environment on a...
  3. Why won't taskbar disappear ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't taskbar disappear ??: I have adjusted the settings for the Taskbar to melt away when not being used. But it's getting stuck almost every day. This is the most annoying thing in the world. I'm not able to hit the functions of smartnotebook and various other apps I use in my school environment on a...
  4. Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in?

Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in?: Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-onedrive-allow-me-to-log-in/3b15353c-c93e-4cd3-9836-c95c17e64e81
  5. Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in?: Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-onedrive-allow-me-to-log-in/3b15353c-c93e-4cd3-9836-c95c17e64e81
  6. Why won't my OneDrive allow me to log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps

Why Does Command Prompt Close My Apps: CMD keeps poping up and going Task Termanated With Id Of: ###### and closing my web browser and other apps. i have tried doing CTRL + C but it just pops up again....
  8. Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?: I've recently had a random issue where the OneDrive app in taskbar will not close. There is nothing running and when I try to click on the "open app" no window will actually pop open. I do not have OneDrive pinned to my taskbar and I don't want it pinned, but the only way I...
  9. Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?

Why won't my OneDrive app in taskbar close?: I've recently had a random issue where the OneDrive app in taskbar will not close. There is nothing running and when I try to click on the "open app" no window will actually pop open. I do not have OneDrive pinned to my taskbar and I don't want it pinned, but the only way I...
  10. Taskbar won't autohide if the setting is closed

Taskbar won't autohide if the setting is closed: Before I have been having problems with my taskbar not popping up when I set it to autohide. Now for some reasons, the taskbar now can autohide and pop back up, but only when I have the settings open it works if I have it minimised, but it's annoying so I want it to work when...