Windows 10: why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update

Discus and support why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today this update to Win10 was pushed to my desktop computer and once the restart completed my keyboard and mouse would not work so I could not login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HondaJet, Jul 17, 2021.

1. HondaJet Win User

why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update

Today this update to Win10 was pushed to my desktop computer and once the restart completed my keyboard and mouse would not work so I could not login with my user password to open the screen. After a lot of playing around with my usb plugs for them I figured out my powered 3.0 usb hub which they were plugged into is no longer working. Nothing on that hub will work now. Then I rolled back to KB5003254 but the hub still won't work even after moving it's usb plug to a different usb port on my computer. How do I repair what this update did to kill my usb hub? Thanks for any ideas you may have. Jerry

:)

HondaJet, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Winuser Win User

USB 3 Hub

I went to the OEM site and installed some updated drivers. One was a updated driver for the motherboard. It was late and I was tired so I didn't try it with the new drivers. I'll try out tonight when I get home. This is the first time I've ever had a problem using a powered usb hub. If I use a flash drive or try my usb mouse it works. It's only when I use a HDD or SSD.

Winuser, Jul 17, 2021
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 17, 2021
  4. why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update

USB 3 hub interferes with boot

Thanks for the response. The USB hub preventing boot occurs even when there are no USB devices attached, as long as hub is plugged into power. With no external power to the USB hub, the boot is normal. After start of boot, plug in power is no problem. I tested other USB powered hubs in this machine - the same. When I use these same USB hubs with power in another WIN 10 machine, no problem, so it is not a faulty hub. Bios boot order does NOT contain USB boot. Any suggestions of how to configure Bios to allow powered USB hub greatly appreciated.
    Peter

silversmith, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update

1. why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update - Similar Threads - why won't powered

2. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  3. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10: I recently bought a USB hub named "Akasa Connect 7+" Is there some settings where you can enable the devices to start up with windows when you boot up your system? I have to replug everything on the hub when the system starts up, else they won't work. For example, HyperX...
  4. Devices on a USB hub won't work upon a system startup. Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update

why won't my powered 3.0 usb hub work after kb5004237 win10 update: Today this update to Win10 was pushed to my desktop computer and once the restart completed my keyboard and mouse would not work so I could not login with my user password to open the screen. After a lot of playing around with my usb plugs for them I figured out my powered...
  6. USB Hub - Powered or not?

USB Hub - Powered or not?: I've run out of USB Ports on my PC, so I'm looking at a 4 port Hub. My question is this: Do I need a powered Hub or non-powered Hub? Devices to be connected to the Hub are Mouse, Keyboard, USB Headphones and phone charging via USB cable. Thanks. 164695
  7. Powers USB Hub Issues After Update to 1803

Powers USB Hub Issues After Update to 1803: Hi All, I have a powered 10 Port Anker USB Hub, which stopped working properly after update to 1803. Earlier all 10 ports worked well, with each port LED also lighting properly. After the update, only 4 ports on the Hub work, and none others (and even their LED lights do...
  8. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...
  9. Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please

Powered USB C Hub to USB 3 - Recommendations and help please: Hi Recently purchased new rig, not enough USB ports. Got the Asus PRIME x299a so thinking of using the USB C port into a multi USB3 hub. Windows10x64 Any recommendations from personal use etc much appreciated (UK/Europe based please). Sorry as an edit. Will use a...
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...