Windows 10: why won't my printer work with microsoft edge

Discus and support why won't my printer work with microsoft edge in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; why wont my printer work with microsoft edge... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mitchellmay, May 26, 2020.

1. why won't my printer work with microsoft edge

why wont my printer work with microsoft edge

:)

mitchellmay, May 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge Always Chooses the Most Recent Printer

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select print option.

• Under printer click on drop down button.

• Click on Add printer.

Try to print documents and check if the issue persist after adding the printer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. why won't my printer work with microsoft edge

Microsoft Edge "Print Email" not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to make sure that you made the following settings and check if you are able to print.

Step 1:

• Open MS Edge and click on more actions [...]

• Click on Settings and select
      Print

• Choose your printer from the list and check if you are able to print.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 26, 2020
Thema:

why won't my printer work with microsoft edge

1. why won't my printer work with microsoft edge - Similar Threads - why won't printer

2. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  3. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.: Lately, my Microsoft Edge corrupted, and I've tried forcefully uninstalling it to reinstall it fully, I also uninstalled Webview Runtime2. However, now whenever I open the setup for it, it is showed for a very split second before it disappears, doing absolutely nothing.I have...
  4. Microsoft Edge Setup won't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BROTHER printer won't work after Microsoft Edge update ! Anyone know how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BROTHER printer won't work after Microsoft Edge update ! Anyone know how to fix ?: I just updated to the newest Microsoft Edge and all of a sudden my Brother Printer +scanner/fax MFC-J615W will not print anymore. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer driver online from brother and tried everything else I could think of....nothing is...
  6. why cant i uninstall microsoft edge since installing printer doesnt work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why cant i uninstall microsoft edge since installing printer doesnt work: Since installing Microsoft edge my printer doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer. I've tried uninstalling Microsoft edge but cant...
  7. Why won't my printer print?

Why won't my printer print?: why won't my printer print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-printer-print/8d034b4d-1831-4565-a355-7a30637e1d2e
  8. Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?: Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key...
  9. Printer won't work

Printer won't work: Canon mx340 printer won't work with new HP Pavilion x360 laptop. I've gone through all steps to add printer etc. Are they not compatible? I'm clueless and frustrated....
  10. printer won't work

printer won't work: error message HP Office Jet 6600 class driver unable to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-work/dd2da050-7d28-4da6-8a43-7a29aa507116