Windows 10: Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

Discus and support Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was watching something but then I noticed my basic icons missing from my taskbar. I have tried other options like the ones I have seen here but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Whimizera_caesar, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

I was watching something but then I noticed my basic icons missing from my taskbar. I have tried other options like the ones I have seen here but I won't work. I do not remember using any inputs that may have resulted in this. Whenever I try to click on it, it just wont allow me. -Caesar

:)

Whimizera_caesar, Nov 27, 2022
  2. tehfusion Win User

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar

Did it, the messed up Icons are gone, gone completely. Will have to wait for them to come back to see if the icons show correctly.

alphanumeric, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

1. Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings? - Similar Threads - Why wont settings

2. windows wont allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows wont allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help: windows won't allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-allow-me-to-set-custom-margins-for-my/d38901fa-8660-4513-ade8-8cbb662dbe23
  3. windows wont allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help: windows won't allow me to set custom margins for my photos anymore can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-allow-me-to-set-custom-margins-for-my/d38901fa-8660-4513-ade8-8cbb662dbe23
  4. Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?: I was watching something but then I noticed my basic icons missing from my taskbar. I have tried other options like the ones I have seen here but I won't work. I do not remember using any inputs that may have resulted in this. Whenever I try to click on it, it just wont allow...
  5. Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my settings allow me to choose my icon settings?: I was watching something but then I noticed my basic icons missing from my taskbar. I have tried other options like the ones I have seen here but I won't work. I do not remember using any inputs that may have resulted in this. Whenever I try to click on it, it just wont allow...
  6. My settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    My settings wont open: Hello. I cant open my settings and ive tried every method. I think its because i tried to switch screen 1 to screen 2 and have only 1 monitor. Can someone help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-wont-open/45a75387-d440-499d-807b-4b09ea0452e8
  7. Why is my "Settings" icon invisible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my "Settings" icon invisible?: Windows Version 20H2 Build 19042.928 The Settings icon in my apps tray at the bottom of the screen is invisible. I know it's still there because I can put the mouse pointer on that spot and the square lights up, and then I can click it and it goes to settings. I just don't...
  8. Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?: When I try and go into the settings menu to try and change things eg: like the colour of my taskbar, I am unable to select a setting and when i hover my cursor over the options it doesn't do anything. I have tried certain commands using the Command Prompt but none of these...
  9. set my desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    set my desktop icon: please help me to set my desktop icon I'm try my best but I failed, my laptop desktop expand the icon spaces and display 18 icon while there are more than 20 icon this satiation occur after update because i was connect with my Samsung TV through HDMI cable so please help me....
  10. missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar: Hi all please see the screenshot. [img] is there a way to fix this? thanks! 42338