Windows 10: Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Discus and support Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I am Daniel, and I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx, and it runs on an HDD. Lately, it has been really slow, and I decided it was time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TechDanielPc, May 23, 2024.

1. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Hello! I am Daniel, and I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx, and it runs on an HDD. Lately, it has been really slow, and I decided it was time to upgrade to an SSD. I bought a Portable Samsung T9 SSD and followed a tutorial on how to make it my main boot drive. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create installation media. I then downloaded Hasleo WinToUSB-Free software and formatted the SSD to use the Windows.iso file and run in windows 10 home like my HDD. I followed the tutorial and partioned it as GPT for UEFI and installed it in legacy mode. After this, I opened th

:)

TechDanielPc, May 23, 2024

2. BIOS SSD Priority

I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?

WilliamBrown1951, May 23, 2024
  3. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

I cloned my boot drive (HDD) to another drive (SSD) and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default.

Vinit Dadyala, May 23, 2024
  4. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things, which so far has not led me to getting the SSD as an actual bootable drive. I'm not extremely tech savvy however I've learned quite a lot through YouTube tutorials.

To be clear, bios recognizes my SSD and so does everywhere else on my laptop

Here's what i've tried to do so far:
    - Changed my BIOS boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and back etc.
    - Changed secure boot on and off (tried loading up and checking the options in boot priority, still no luck)
    - Changed from RAID to ACHI and back (no luck either)
    - Cloned my disk (seemed obvious but that didn't make it a possible option)
    - switching the SSD from the 2nd slot to the 3rd slot in my laptop
    - Installing a copy of windows onto the SSD, wiping it, doing it again, trying with and without the added cloned data from my HDD
    - Taking it out, putting it back in
    - trying my f2 quick boot options and my f12 (bios menu)
    - checked here at the forums

- looked at at least a dozen YouTube videos (I can list them if need be)
    - Unplugging my HDD and testing just the SSD itself

and so far, to no avail. I'd like to think that the SSD is in good condition as I just received it several days ago and it had no visible damage, along with no hardware failures coming back when I run test. Also important to note, I've updated my bios to the latest version through the dell support website.

The main issue I've been having with this whole process is that every source has either a different bios, or a different device making this difficult since I haven't seen a bios remotely similar to mine yet. My bios is Aptio Setup Utility, but the ones I've seen look different so I'm guessing they're either old or even newer than the one I'm able to have.

As of right now I'm willing to try anything possible, just to have my SSD as a selectable drive. If anyone has any help, it'd be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely - Mike

MikenIke_737, May 23, 2024
Thema:

Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

1. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority? - Similar Threads - Why won't SSD

2. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I am Daniel, and I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx, and it runs on an HDD. Lately, it has been really slow, and I decided it was time to upgrade to an SSD. I bought a Portable Samsung T9 SSD and followed a tutorial on how to make it my main boot drive. I...
  3. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I am Daniel, and I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx, and it runs on an HDD. Lately, it has been really slow, and I decided it was time to upgrade to an SSD. I bought a Portable Samsung T9 SSD and followed a tutorial on how to make it my main boot drive. I...
  4. my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority: I had been using this ssd as my primary drive since over a year nowcause my hdd is just very slow and had never experienced such kind of issue before . Yesterday i just booted my pc and it didn't boot and went to trouble shoot screen after which after looking at boot priority...
  5. my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority

my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority: I had been using this ssd as my primary drive since over a year nowcause my hdd is just very slow and had never experienced such kind of issue before . Yesterday i just booted my pc and it didn't boot and went to trouble shoot screen after which after looking at boot priority...
  6. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  7. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  8. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

9. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...
  10. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...