Windows 10: Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Discus and support Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikenIke_737, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things, which so far has not led me to getting the SSD as an actual bootable drive. I'm not extremely tech savvy however I've learned quite a lot through YouTube tutorials.To be clear, bios recognizes my SSD and so does everywhere else on my laptopHere's what i've tried to do so far:- Changed my BIOS boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and

:)

MikenIke_737, Aug 13, 2022

2. BIOS SSD Priority

I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?

WilliamBrown1951, Aug 13, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    New SSD wont boot

Hi John

Boot into BIOS, is SATA Mode set to AHCI to enable booting from an SSD drive?

Is the SSD drive set a top of the Boot Priority list?

Did you try connecting that SSD to the SATA Port normally used by your old HDD?

DaveM121, Aug 13, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

BIOS SSD Priority

Hi William

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Generally, when you connect a new drive or SSD to your PC, that would show up in BIOS.

Is it your intention to re-install Windows on the new SSD and if so, will you be installing Windows from a bootable USB?

If so, boot into BIOS, then on the Security tab, disable Secure Boot and CSM

Then, you should see the SSD as an option.

If not, please provide a photo of each of the tabs you have available in your BIOS, so I can see all available BIOS option.

DaveM121, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

1. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority? - Similar Threads - Why won't SSD

2. my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority: I had been using this ssd as my primary drive since over a year nowcause my hdd is just very slow and had never experienced such kind of issue before . Yesterday i just booted my pc and it didn't boot and went to trouble shoot screen after which after looking at boot priority...
  3. my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my ssd is not detected by hp bios boot priority: I had been using this ssd as my primary drive since over a year nowcause my hdd is just very slow and had never experienced such kind of issue before . Yesterday i just booted my pc and it didn't boot and went to trouble shoot screen after which after looking at boot priority...
  4. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  5. Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?

Why won't my SSD appear in BIOS boot priority?: Hello! I'm Mike and I've been working for the past 4 days on attempting to copy my files to my newly installed M.2 Solid state drive, and then setting that drive as the boot drive to enhance the performance of my Dell Alienware 17 r4 laptop. I've done an array of things,...
  6. BIOS SSD Priority

BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...
  7. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS SSD Priority: I am going to change out my HDD to a SSD. Right now the BIOS does not have a SSD listed in the BIOS boot priority. Does the SSD show up in the BIOS after the SSD is plugged in? Or is there some command prompt that I can use to add SSD prior to plugging in the SSD?...
  8. BIOS SSD Priority

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SSD won't show in BOOT Selection, but appears on BIOS Information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD won't show in BOOT Selection, but appears on BIOS Information: So guys, I'm currently facing an issue where 1 of my installed SSDs didn't appear on EFI BOOT Selection, yet IT'S READABLE in BIOS INFORMATION! As for the detailed information, here's the timeline I can trace:1. Bought a new ThinkBook 14s Yoga with 512GB Hynix NVME SSD & Win...
  10. SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS: I recently cloned my system to my SSD (laptop crashed, when it got fixed windows was installed on my hard drive instead, but laptop came with SSD). I am trying to set it as the boot option in BIOS, but it isn't appearing. The SSD is working fine normally, as I said I...