Windows 10: why won't my wi-fi stay connected

Discus and support why won't my wi-fi stay connected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Wi-fi will not stay on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-wi-fi-stay-connected/d5d92a7e-ac82-42c5-bb68-5d10befd5df6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LolaTrippel, Jan 18, 2019.

1. why won't my wi-fi stay connected

My Wi-fi will not stay on

:)

LolaTrippel, Jan 18, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 18, 2019
  3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

why won't my wi-fi stay connected

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

why won't my wi-fi stay connected

1. why won't my wi-fi stay connected - Similar Threads - why won't stay

2. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  3. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  4. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically

Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically: This is has only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Even though I place a tick in the "Connect Automatically" check box, it never connects automatically after a restart. I have tried Googling for ideas, but nothing that I have found works. Any...
  6. Wi-Fi on windows 10 will not stay on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi on windows 10 will not stay on.: i updated from windows 7 to windows 10. now the WI-fi will not stay on. i changed the wireless card and i still have the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-on-windows-10-will-not-stay-on/2a01da55-efda-4985-80a9-c076d86c1c1d
  7. Wi-fi list won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wi-fi list won't stay open: Before it gets suggested that there is a problem with my wi-fi settings, network drivers, etc. please realize THIS IS AN INTERFACE ISSUE. I'm sorry for the bluntness, but every search I've done on this, results in 90% of the people assuming this is some kind of problem with...
  8. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  9. My pc won't show the available wi-fi connections

My pc won't show the available wi-fi connections: I tried to fix it by every way i could find online, does someone know what the problem here is? My desktop wont show any network available....
  10. my wi fi won't stay on

my wi fi won't stay on: *Sad my wi fi keeps turning off and I have to keep going in to turn it back on 59876

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why won t my realtek wireless adapters stay connect to wi fi